Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DeCastro and O-line

Legend

User Info Menu

DeCastro and O-line

That play where he was turned sideways and bullrushed 5 yards into the backfield reminded me of 3rd grade tackle team.
    That had to be a total embarrassment for him.
    I hope they show that over and over to him in the film room.
    Disgusting play for a 1st round pick.
    Don't even get me started on what Adams is doing out there.
    He is outmatched on almost every single play.
    Gilbert plays like he is on ice skates.
    Not a wonder why Ben was so off last night. He couldn't set once and step into any throws.
    This O-line continues to be this teams demise.
    No RB could run behind this line.
    They are so overmatched week in and out i cringe now when we get the ball.
    May be time to see Beachum in there before it gets any worse.
    I just want to cry that we can't get this O-line straightened out

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    That play where he was turned sideways and bullrushed 5 yards into the backfield reminded me of 3rd grade tackle team.
    That had to be a total embarrassment for him.
    I hope they show that over and over to him in the film room.
    Disgusting play for a 1st round pick.
    Don't even get me started on what Adams is doing out there.
    He is outmatched on almost every single play.
    Gilbert plays like he is on ice skates.
    Not a wonder why Ben was so off last night. He couldn't set once and step into any throws.
    This O-line continues to be this teams demise.
    No RB could run behind this line.
    They are so overmatched week in and out i cringe now when we get the ball.
    May be time to see Beachum in there before it gets any worse.
    I just want to cry that we can't get this O-line straightened out
    players fall for a reason...

Felix Jones.. 10 for 37 yards... longest run 14 yards. Not saying those are good numbers but they damn sure don't say put in Redman.

This coaching staff is determined to make Redman work for some reason.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I disagree. There were some holes out there that the backs missed. Now on pass protection- yea, they suck terribly. Felix had a 3.7 yd avg last night. He just didn't the ball more because of their horrible 3rd down efficiency. Felix had 37 yds on 10 carries, surprisingly enough. that's not all that bad..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

I think all the players on the OL look terrible, but surprisingly the newest Velasco looked the best. The OL has to play like a unit and we have 5 guys playing like individuals. There is no supporting each other and a whole lot of standing around looking lost.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In pass protection, yea- They do look lost...Not having a good blocking TE in there to help out is a liability. Goes to show ya what Miller really means to this team. IF his contract were up at the end of year, if I were him, I'd be asking for the moon.

In hind sight, they should've drafted a TE in this past year's draft.. I know they signed Spaeth, but he's no Miller either.
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post

In hind sight, they should've drafted a TE in this past year's draft.. I know they signed Spaeth, but he's no Miller either.

You mean Tyler Eifert from the Bengals. That isn't hindsight that was the smart move in the past draft. He looked good last night and would make a huge difference if he were on our team. Was Jarvis Jones even on the field last night?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jarvis had a nice game last night. On special teams and he was in the backfield giving Dalton some fits at times. I'm happy with the Jones pick in the 1st round.. He's gonna be a good one.
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You mean Tyler Eifert from the Bengals. That isn't hindsight that was the smart move in the past draft. He looked good last night and would make a huge difference if he were on our team. Was Jarvis Jones even on the field last night?
    He was inches away from a sack fumble, made big plays on special teams, and was around the ball quite a bit. If you'll notice, the Bengals drove on the Steelers when Worilds was in the game.

Jarvis is going to be real good.

Get over the Eifert love. He had one catch on a blown coverage. He can't block worth a damn, either, although he managed to pancacke Worilds. The only difference between the performance of Eifert and Paulson was that Eifert held onto his pass.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I would take Jones over Eifert 100 days out of a 100. It's not even close. While Eifert would have been nice to have this season...he is the inferior player. Jones had another solid night.

Legend

User Info Menu

As to the original post, DD looks like he doesn't have the strength to hold up in individual pass protection. He reminds me in some ways of Faneca at the end of his career - good in the run game when asked to pull but a liability in pass protection.