Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DeCastro and O-line

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Adams graded out as the worst player on the field that day according to PFF.
    Still don't see that at all. Watched a lot of the game again yesterday. BOTH Adams & Gilbert gave Ben plenty of time to pass from quarters 2-4. The 1st quarter was ordinary, but the argument could be made that everyone was ordinary in that 1st quarter.

Ben doesn't get sacked if he can either throw to his own AJ Green, or if one of the "Way Too Much Money" Crew can manage some seperation within the first 20 seconds after the snap. Ben has to buy 15 minutes of seperation time to allow this lot the chance to get free. Name an OT that can hold off a pass rush that long.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Apparently, they didn't bother to look at Gilbert!!
    Realise you are being funny, but Gilbert didn't play that badly either. Forget what one website wants you to believe, go back & watch just the O-Line & see how long Ben has before he's getting in trouble.

This OL might be the most unfairly judged unit in the NFL.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Still don't see that at all. Watched a lot of the game again yesterday. BOTH Adams & Gilbert gave Ben plenty of time to pass from quarters 2-4. The 1st quarter was ordinary, but the argument could be made that everyone was ordinary in that 1st quarter.

Ben doesn't get sacked if he can either throw to his own AJ Green, or if one of the "Way Too Much Money" Crew can manage some seperation within the first 20 seconds after the snap. Ben has to buy 15 minutes of seperation time to allow this lot the chance to get free. Name an OT that can hold off a pass rush that long.
    You must've went to the bathroom, or grabbed a snack from the fridge, during your re-watching Chadman. Because it wasn't even as if Adams slowed Johnson down, the NUMBER of times I remember. I used the term turnstile, because it so appropriately fit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Does anyone think (or like me "hope") that DeCastro still isn't 100% recovered from his knee surgery?? Obviously it's holding up but is his strength at 100%??
    I desperately hope so....However, he looked better at last season's end then he has so far this sason.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

You must've went to the bathroom, or grabbed a snack from the fridge, during your re-watching Chadman. Because it wasn't even as if Adams slowed Johnson down, the NUMBER of times I remember. I used the term turnstile, because it so appropriately fit.
    It's only a small sample of plays here, but in review, it's pretty much what Chadman saw all night from Adams.

Note 2 other things- on Ben's missed passes, look how covered the WR's are- it's like they are bengal fly paper, the coverage is so tight. And then look how closely Ike covers Green, and how Green STILL catches those passes. That, in Chadman's opinion, is where the big difference is- our guys can't break coverage, and can't catch while covered, where guys like Green catch those balls even under pressure. Ben doesn't have that luxury.

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/...0-dcfd883c093a

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Here's a longer video, with much more of the Steelers play in it. Watch the protection from the OL, particularly Adams. The pass blocking was not the problem.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Steelerscom-LIVE-9182013/07dc5636-f37f-4781-8e03-db193b7e55c3[/URL]

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    I agree with your overall sentiment that the pass pro was not the problem. I even said this during the game time chat. I thought they did a good job, especially with a one week center. Velasco played very well imo.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I agree with your overall sentiment that the pass pro was not the problem. I even said this during the game time chat. I thought they did a good job, especially with a one week center. Velasco played very well imo.
    Funny how a waiver pick-up, Velasco, is the best O-lineman on the team right now.

Actually, NOT funny, but SAD...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Funny how a waiver pick-up, Velasco, is the best O-lineman on the team right now.

Actually, NOT funny, but SAD...
    give him a few weeks.. or let him get pushed back once or twice and the board will change it's mind. If a player has 1 or 2 bad plays they get multiplied when we lose...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Chadman and I must've not seen the same game, because Mike Adams was nothing short of a turnstile last night.
    Gotta agree. Adams was the worst OL for us. That DE ate him up all game long.

I think we will improve inside. But Gilbert and Adams do not inspire confidence at this point
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.