Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Truth!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Our success on D starts with stopping the run. Our DLine is not controlling the LOS and our front 7 is not making clean tackles. They look sloppy. I can't remember a time when I thought an opposing team had a chance to run on us. Something has to get fixed.

Once they can stop the run, teams will have to pass. And that's where we can create some confusion re: who's coming and who's dropping into coverage and that little bit of delay can be the difference in getting pressure on the QB and forcing mistakes.

There are some things I've seen that I like on this D. Healthy Troy and Woodley being the most prominent. Then we've got young guys like Jarvis and Shark that look like they will eventually turn into some pretty good playmakers. JJ looks close to making some splash plays and Shark's good at getting to the ball quickly. Then once we get Cortez back, I think we might end up with some of the best coverage in the league which should feed into even more pressure and turn into more mistakes.

The only question marks at this point are our DLine and ILB. They have to be able to stop the run to make everything else work. And I do think we have the right pieces for this to come together over the course of the season. There's no reason these players can't be one of the top units by year end. I think the talent is there on that side of the ball.

The O is another story. But I can also see a big improvement coming with a healthy Miller. And I really think that Wheaton can be a blend of Hines Ward and Mike Wallace's abilities. We can't get this kid on the field fast enough.
    If it is about the front 7 and the D-line controlling the LOS why would you ask one of your D-lineman to lose weight/slim down to get after the QB? Tell your D-line you want to get more pressure from them this year? Makes no sense. Goes completely away from the 3-4 zone blitz. LeBeau has gotten sucked in by what the league says is now the trend. Asking your team to do something that it isn't built for is wrong. Going away from your strength is wrong.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    If it is about the front 7 and the D-line controlling the LOS why would you ask one of your D-lineman to lose weight/slim down to get after the QB? Tell your D-line you want to get more pressure from them this year? Makes no sense. Goes completely away from the 3-4 zone blitz. LeBeau has gotten sucked in by what the league says is now the trend. Asking your team to do something that it isn't built for is wrong. Going away from your strength is wrong.
    I'm with ya. Doesn't make sense. The only reason I see this is because we don't have the right talent on the DLine now that Casey/Aaron are gone and so we're adjusting to the players. And it's exactly why we aren't controlling the LOS.

I haven't quite figured out how the new scheme up front is going to make us better? Cause now teams can run. They aren't so predictable. We can't get pressure as much and force mistakes as a result. And somehow we want to turn the front 3 into playmakers when they aren't the most talented players on the field.

At the same time, even though I don't get it. I trust that Dick does and there's a method to all of this. And I hope it becomes clear to the rest of us sooner than later.

Rookie

User Info Menu

We can't force mistakes because our offense can go an entire quarter without a first down...the opponent can have their beastly #1 WR average 8 yards per catch and still win because they don't have to take chances...

There is no threat by our offense to score...or even move the ball...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    We can't force mistakes because our offense can go an entire quarter without a first down...the opponent can have their beastly #1 WR average 8 yards per catch and still win because they don't have to take chances...

There is no threat by our offense to score...or even move the ball...
    This... TO's would be nice but that's just another possession for the O to screw up

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Never where the Steelers this bad under Cowher. They are bad in every facet of the game right now. You can not say that about any Cowher team. To hear Tomlin say the solution is in the locker room tells you how delusional he is. This is a team void of play makers on both sides of the ball. The solution is not in the Steeler locker room. It is in many new players who are not on this team as of right now.
    Cowher had three straight losing seasons and they were back to back. I don't know when many of you became fans, but maybe you should look it up first before comparing. And they were awful seasons.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Cowher had three straight losing seasons and they were back to back. I don't know when many of you became fans, but maybe you should look it up first before comparing. And they were awful seasons.
    Yep. This.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    those 3 years cowher had little talent and no franchise qb. this team has both but no leadership. tomlin was not the most qualified individual when he was hired. he was suppose to learn as he went along. he hasnt shown any improvement in any aspect of head coaching and has allowed this team to become soft and undisciplined. cowher may have had losing seasons but his teams never lost its identity.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Shawn--you clearly state the dilemma. Everyone respects and loves Coach Dad but that has nothing to do with him getting the job done that needs to get done with what we have. Separate the emotion and idol worship from the results.
    The problem is that the defense IS THE LAST reason we are 0-2.
    Of ALL the top three coaches, Haley, Tpmlin and Lebeau, DL is BY FAR the least responsible for our record.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ok how many losing season have Tomlin had..... OK I rest my case. I'm not defending Tomlin because I feel if he can't fire Haley then maybe he should get canned. I just don't understand the comparison. And by the way many thought Cowher was not the right hire and to be fair Tomlin had more credentials than Cowher when he was hired.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So try again!!!