Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Truth!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Everyone is on board? Umm... I don't think so. I'm still a huge Lebeau fan. By the tears in Harrison's eyes, it appears his players are as well.

Shawn--you clearly state the dilemma. Everyone respects and loves Coach Dad but that has nothing to do with him getting the job done that needs to get done with what we have. Separate the emotion and idol worship from the results.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You are right on. I have to laugh that everyone is now getting on board with what I have seen coming and been saying for 3 years now. LeBeau benefitted from the perfect storm of having just the right players at the right time for his system but as I have been saying it wasn't sustainable. His system is not sustainable because it relies on too many things going right with the conversion of DTs to DEs and DEs to OLBs. LeBeau has not been able to successfully make that happen even though the organization has showered the defense with resources to keep, or bring back, players who "knew the system."

The salary cap and the demand other teams now have for players that only the Steelers were interested in in the past has made this defense falter. Add in their the excessive complexity and we aren't priming the pump with talent and pushing players on the field now. A defense that is supposedly to be all about pressure and forcing mistakes can't get the QB or a turnover.

Call me a Lebeau hater all you want but this is exactly what I predicted versus making excuses for our revered DC. Everything passes in time and we should had made changes on the defense when we changed Arians.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa...

You've been stating all along that LeBeau loves his system more than anything, and will never admit that "his baby is ugly" (or something along those lines). You suggest that the 3-4 zone blitz is now outdated and ol' LeBeau needs to be put out to pasture because he is relentlessly hanging on to it and refuses to change it at all...it takes too long to convert players from their college schemes to a new pro scheme scheme they have never played before.

DeeDub is suggesting the exact opposite of that. He is suggesting that the problem is that LeBeau is moving too far away from his 3-4 zone scheme. And you are agreeing with him??? Now I'm really freaking confused...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    BWAH-HAH-HAH!!!

It did happen under Cowher...
    Never where the Steelers this bad under Cowher. They are bad in every facet of the game right now. You can not say that about any Cowher team. To hear Tomlin say the solution is in the locker room tells you how delusional he is. This is a team void of play makers on both sides of the ball. The solution is not in the Steeler locker room. It is in many new players who are not on this team as of right now.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa...

You've been stating all along that LeBeau loves his system more than anything, and will never admit that "his baby is ugly" (or something along those lines). You suggest that the 3-4 zone blitz is now outdated and ol' LeBeau needs to be put out to pasture because he is relentlessly hanging on to it and refuses to change it at all...it takes too long to convert players from their college schemes to a new pro scheme scheme they have never played before.

DeeDub is suggesting the exact opposite of that. He is suggesting that the problem is that LeBeau is moving too far away from his 3-4 zone scheme. And you are agreeing with him??? Now I'm really freaking confused...
    For the record I do believe in LeBeau but not the one who has gone way from his bread and butter. Watch these games you will see the 3-4 zone blitz hardly at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Shawn--you clearly state the dilemma. Everyone respects and loves Coach Dad but that has nothing to do with him getting the job done that needs to get done with what we have. Separate the emotion and idol worship from the results.
    To focus on the one area that was pretty good the last couple instead of all the other bad stuff shows some prejudice towards Lebeau. You are not thinking straight. Lebeau is the least of our concerns.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    The TE and RB are on the team and we should be getting them back as the season progresses.
    How do you know that the #1 RB is currently on the team? How many regular season games has he rushed for 100+ yards? NFL season total for last year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    The fact is that the team played better last night than against TN.
    The FACT is it would have been ALMOST impossible to play worse. That said the "improvement" was barely noticeable and certainly nowhere near even a mediocre NFL level.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GradyFusionCrash View Post
    He hasn't used the zone blitz for years. THAT is correct.

But as long as Arians offense chewed up clock, and the defense was "ranked" #1? Idiots gave him improper credit.

Now the big play Arians offense is done. And the defense still doesn't make plays.
    What are guys like you going to say when this D is on the field most of the game and still the #1 D?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    To focus on the one area that was pretty good the last couple instead of all the other bad stuff shows some prejudice towards Lebeau. You are not thinking straight. Lebeau is the least of our concerns.
    What would this D look like if it had played the Broncos and Packers instead of the Titans or Bengals?

Shawn, I challenge you to look beyond this defense's final result and see what is really going on between the hash marks/and in the trenches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Our success on D starts with stopping the run. Our DLine is not controlling the LOS and our front 7 is not making clean tackles. They look sloppy. I can't remember a time when I thought an opposing team had a chance to run on us. Something has to get fixed.

Once they can stop the run, teams will have to pass. And that's where we can create some confusion re: who's coming and who's dropping into coverage and that little bit of delay can be the difference in getting pressure on the QB and forcing mistakes.

There are some things I've seen that I like on this D. Healthy Troy and Woodley being the most prominent. Then we've got young guys like Jarvis and Shark that look like they will eventually turn into some pretty good playmakers. JJ looks close to making some splash plays and Shark's good at getting to the ball quickly. Then once we get Cortez back, I think we might end up with some of the best coverage in the league which should feed into even more pressure and turn into more mistakes.

The only question marks at this point are our DLine and ILB. They have to be able to stop the run to make everything else work. And I do think we have the right pieces for this to come together over the course of the season. There's no reason these players can't be one of the top units by year end. I think the talent is there on that side of the ball.

The O is another story. But I can also see a big improvement coming with a healthy Miller. And I really think that Wheaton can be a blend of Hines Ward and Mike Wallace's abilities. We can't get this kid on the field fast enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GradyFusionCrash View Post
    Funny how no one wants to comment how LeBeau takes Jarvis out, then puts Worilds in, and the defense gives up points.

Like I said, free pass.

Always has.

Always will.
    I don't think they'll be taking him out much more. Kid had 7 solos in his first start. That's a ton of plays for an OLB. Plus he's getting close to making some big plays. I don't see how you can take him off the field after these first 2 weeks.