Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 115

Thread: The Truth!!

  1. #91
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    And if our rookie 7th round pick gives a semblance of coverage Eifert doesn't go 61 yards.
    Tunch showed on Chalk Talk that it was actually Ryan Clark's blown coverage that allowed that play because he was trying to make something happen instead of staying home on the play.

  2. #92
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Then you add players like
    Bettis
    K Green
    Chad Brown
    Kirkland
    Steed
    Perry
    whom he all had on the roster at one point and it makes this comparison even dumber, if you ask me. Like I said Cowher had all that talent and it still took him forever to win the Big Game
    But he came somehow make a comeback and be the savior of the team. I'm still laughing.
    Totally agree. Cowher in the late 90s was almost out the door until the Rooneys got rid of Donohoe and gave Cowher all the power. When is comes to personnel decisions what we have is a Colbert problem not a Tomlin problem.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Totally agree. Cowher in the late 90s was almost out the door until the Rooneys got rid of Donohoe and gave Cowher all the power. When is comes to personnel decisions what we have is a Colbert problem not a Tomlin problem.
    Based on what? None of us know who is really making the calls in the draft room.

    We do know that Tomlin certainly has input into who is selected, and recently, the selections have been poor.

  4. #94
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    And Tomlin inherited an 8-8 team. So what?
    ....and a franchise QB. Do you see the difference?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  5. #95
    Cowher's team went 8-8 with that same franchise QB...with that QB, Tomlin has just as many SB rings as Cowher and more AFCC game wins...

    Your argument makes little sense...

  6. #96
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Cowher's team went 8-8 with that same franchise QB...with that QB, Tomlin has just as many SB rings as Cowher and more AFCC game wins...

    Your argument makes little sense...
    Truly makes no sense.

  7. #97
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Cowher's team went 8-8 with that same franchise QB...with that QB, Tomlin has just as many SB rings as Cowher and more AFCC game wins...

    Your argument makes little sense...
    Well it does if you look at all 3 years Cowher had Ben. 34-14 overall. Bill Cowher never had a losing record when he had a franchise QB. And I think after this season, when Tomlin goes 5-11 or 6-10, I think the point will hit home with those who cannot see where this team is headed.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Well it does if you look at all 3 years Cowher had Ben. 34-14 overall. Bill Cowher never had a losing record when he had a franchise QB. And I think after this season, when Tomlin goes 5-11 or 6-10, I think the point will hit home with those who cannot see where this team is headed.
    Unless you are wrong, of course...

    The Steelers still have to play the games, so they may as well try to win them...

  9. #99
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    54
    We are 1 game behind in the division, so we are not out of it yet. We have to play better in all 4 phases (offense,defense, special teams and coaching). We should reserve final judgement on this team until we are able put our best team on the field this season.

  10. #100
    10-page thread! Nice to see you haven't lost your touch for creating heated, thought provoking threads, Dee Dub (can you change that back? i still always wanna call u the other handle! LOL. Some names just stick - it's like crash will always be crash, no matter what the name... Flippy will be flippy, hogefan... and so on.... well, you get my point; shawn can go by shawn if he wants, but, he's SMG to me...)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •