Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The Truth!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Cowher's team went 8-8 with that same franchise QB...with that QB, Tomlin has just as many SB rings as Cowher and more AFCC game wins...

Your argument makes little sense...
    Context is important. They went 8-8 but that was the year that Ben almost died in a motorcycle accident, had an emergency appendectomy, and suffered a concussion during the Atlanta game. But besides that everything was the same........

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Unless you are wrong, of course...

The Steelers still have to play the games, so they may as well try to win them...
    Heck I hope my Steelers win out and win it all. But....that isn't being realistic. This team is bad. They are bad in all areas. I personally don't see them even making it to .500. I hope I am wrong.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bowldog View Post
    We are 1 game behind in the division, so we are not out of it yet. We have to play better in all 4 phases (offense,defense, special teams and coaching). We should reserve final judgement on this team until we are able put our best team on the field this season.
    bowldog, the Steelers have lost to the Titans and the Bengals. And they have looked bad in all phases of the game. The Titans are a bad football team and the Bengals are a borderline playoff team at best. Regardless of what team the Steelers put out there (their best or their worst), or what weak division they are in, when they play an upper-echelon team, you will see just how bad this team is. Denver and Green Bay put up 40-50 on them. Easy.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    bowldog, the Steelers have lost to the Titans and the Bengals. And they have looked bad in all phases of the game. The Titans are a bad football team and the Bengals are a borderline playoff team at best. Regardless of what team the Steelers put out there (their best or their worst), or what weak division they are in, when they play an upper-echelon team, you will see just how bad this team is. Denver and Green Bay put up 40-50 on them. Easy.
    I doubt Denver and GB puts up 40-50 on us...

The D hasn't been bad IMO and ST's was good last game...

Not sure if the Titans are a bad team this year... I would like to see a respectable loss or 2 before coming to that conclusion. Bad teams rarely take the Texans into overtime... even without A.Johnson.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

agreed. I think we put up 30 on the Bears this week

Legend

User Info Menu

I think you added a zero after the three by mistake. You do know this board has an edit feature.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

only if haley gets hit by a bus... Is Jerome in town?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Context is important. They went 8-8 but that was the year that Ben almost died in a motorcycle accident, had an emergency appendectomy, and suffered a concussion during the Atlanta game. But besides that everything was the same........
    Last year, Tomlin's Steelers went 8-8 with Ben suffering a truly bizarre rib injury and wasn't the same afterward...

So, everything was the same...

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Agreed. If we start the game out with 3 straight runs again, i'm all in for booting Haley. Play your best players now, we no longer have the luxury of falling back to play making veterans

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The curse of no turnovers for a score needs to change. It will light a fire under the whole team I think. Even a turnover and a offensive score will help some. Not sure why this turnover curse started? Also when it is bad it can get much worse quicker then turning it around I think. Just for example AB flipping out. That starts the rot of the team from with in. And you will have good players making stupid mistakes trying to do to much.