Thread: Why Didn't Dwyer Get More Carries?

Legend

User Info Menu

Why Didn't Dwyer Get More Carries?

Last time we played Cincy, Dwyer shredded their D running the ball. That makes me think that maybe he's a good matchup problem for them. But he only gets 1 carry. Didn't make sense to me given the other backs weren't exactly tearing it up last night.

Legend

User Info Menu

How many yards would Jim Brown in his prime have had running behind our line last night?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

We were passing the ball quite a bit...

Starter

User Info Menu

Dwyer, Redman, Felix Jones are all journeyman RB's at best. If we cut all 3 of them right now it's unlikely any of them would get picked up by another team, including the NY Giants.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ruthless- I think if we had Jim Brown, he would've had over 100+ yds last night. We need to stick with one of these backs and stay with them. I'm thinking/ hoping it may be Felix now. He had 10 carries for 37 yards which was a 3.7 yd avg last night. That's not terribly bad. The team as a whole only ran 50 some plays total, which is terrible. Picking up more 3rd downs will result in more opportunities/ plays. Redman rushed 5 times for 4 yards, I believe, in contrast to Felix's avg of 3.7.
    Last edited by pfelix73; 09-17-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Ruthless- I think if we had Jim Brown, he would've had over 100+ yds last night. We need to stick with one of these backs and stay with them. I'm thinking/ hoping it may be Felix now. He had 10 carries for 37 yards which was a 3.7 yd avg last night. That's not terribly bad. The team as a whole only ran 50 some plays total, which is terrible. Picking up more 3rd downs will result in more opportunities/ plays. Redman rushed 5 times for 4 yards, I believe, in contrast to Felix's avg of 3.7.
    exactly.. Jones had a nice series and then we saw Redman who many thought was concussed... makes you wonder what the hell is going on that Redman was needed for anything besides blocking last night.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    exactly.. Jones had a nice series and then we saw Redman who many thought was concussed... makes you wonder what the hell is going on that Redman was needed for anything besides blocking last night.
    Redman played like he had a concussion and didn't know he was playing in a football game or it could be clear to everyone he just isn't that good and never has been.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"