Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How could Colbert and Tomlin have passed on DeAndre Hopkins?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Now that I agree with. Brown and Sanders are good 2 and 3...but mediocre 1/2.
    QFT, as fans we're seeing the affect that Wallace actually had on this offense with his ability to force coverage to his side of the field, regardless of whether or not he could battle for a ball in the air, typically, he just ran past everyone and didn't have to battle for the ball. Sanders and Brown were the beneficiaries of Wallace's ability to change a defense.

I wasn't upset when Wallace left for greener pastures, but we are seeing the affect.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    QFT, as fans we're seeing the affect that Wallace actually had on this offense with his ability to force coverage to his side of the field, regardless of whether or not he could battle for a ball in the air, typically, he just ran past everyone and didn't have to battle for the ball. Sanders and Brown were the beneficiaries of Wallace's ability to change a defense.

I wasn't upset when Wallace left for greener pastures, but we are seeing the affect.

Pappy
    I agree, Pappy. I don't care for Wallace, and I'm fine with him being gone. But I thought all along that the offense would miss what he brought, and it does.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I agree, Pappy. I don't care for Wallace, and I'm fine with him being gone. But I thought all along that the offense would miss what he brought, and it does.
    but we have Wheaton... while not as fast you can still use him to stretch the field instead of using Sanders who doesn't have the size.

Doesn't matter who we picked in round 1 at WR because Haley wouldn't use them to open things up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    but we have Wheaton... while not as fast you can still use him to stretch the field instead of using Sanders who doesn't have the size.

Doesn't matter who we picked in round 1 at WR because Haley wouldn't use them to open things up.
    I still think the same thing about Wheaton now as I did before - he is a Brown/Sanders type, but not somebody that defenses need to worry about.

He could be an improvement over Cotchery, but he is a 3 or a 2, at best, like the rest of the Wrs on this team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

We may have Wheaton, but if he isn't on the field he isn't stretching anything. Tomlin should have taken Haley's headset from him last night, the offensive game plan, the plays and personnel packages were things that I noticed and the highest level of football I played was 9th grade. My wife asked me why in the world we would run the ball three times to start the game and she never played football. It looked like Pop Warner football on offense.

Oh and my favorite Todd Haley moment was slowing down Ben after the Paulson fumble which allowed Lewis to toss the challenge flag.

It's getting harder and harder to support Haley and Tomlin for that matter.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I wanted to draft Hopkins in the 2nd but that didn't happen because he didn't make it that far.
    EXACTLY... what he said... i even woulda traded up for him... but, jarvis was a better fit and seems to be doing ok...

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

after 2 games? NFL is a marathon not a sprint!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I still think the same thing about Wheaton now as I did before - he is a Brown/Sanders type, but not somebody that defenses need to worry about.

He could be an improvement over Cotchery, but he is a 3 or a 2, at best, like the rest of the Wrs on this team.
    would like to "SEE" him get real time before making this observation...

Legend

User Info Menu

Jones was a top 10 prospect who we were lucky to fall to the mid first.

I like Hopkins too, but he was always a late first round value that I was hoping to fall to us in round 2, but didn't.

Based on what actually happened in the draft before we picked, I wanted us to draft Jarvis Jones in round 1 and then Keenan Allen in round 2.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's becoming very clear that the WR's on the roster cannot get seperation consistantly enough. That makes Ben need to buy time, which puts added pressure on the OL.

Hate Wallace all you like, love Brown all you like- the Steelers still need a go-to WR that, when Ben needs a quick outlet, he can throw to, even when covered.

How many passes didn't go to hand against the Bengals when covered one-on-one? Compare that to how often Green caught those 1-on-1 catches. Think of how many sacks, how many lost downs, how many missed yardage gains this team has as a result.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE