Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Go and sign ochocinco....

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it would be more beneficial to our offense to re-sign Max Starks, Flozell Adams, or Alan Faneca.

As far as the WR position, we have the answer, we just need to get him on the field: Marcus Wheaton.

Legend

User Info Menu

Always liked Ocho, to be honest.

Not sure he's the only answer at this point. But, in the same breath, not sure there IS an answer at this point. DaRick Rogers has the skill set to be a good #1 WR, but it's concerning he didn't make it out of camp with the Bills.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think a better idea would be to try and get Kenny Britt out of Tennessee.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    As long as he stays healthy, Britt is everything needed in the position.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    much better idea.

big gamble, potential big pay off.

Legend

User Info Menu

I dont think our WRs are the problem. It's the utilization, the TEs, and the play calling.

Once we get Heath back and Wheaton more reps, I think we'll be fine. I know giant WRs have become the norm and Ben's wanted one for years. But small talented WRs can be just as good. AB has the same skillset as Steve Smith in Carolina. And Smith is one of the toughest receivers to cover in the league. The big difference is Ben won't throw unless he's wide open. Steve Smith time and again shows he'll go up and get anything thrown in his vicinity even when covered. AB could do the same.

Manny Sanders might be more villified in Pittsburgh than William Gay. He fumbled a couple times last year. And he's missed a couple passes. So he's hated. But this kid is way better than anyone gives him credit. He's as physical a blocker as there is and always fighting on the outside. He's a good route runner. And he's quick. And he's on pace for about 100 catches and 1000 yards. What more can you ask for in a #2?

And while Cotch is old and slow. He's a great route runner. FInds a soft spot in a zone with ease. And he's got some size and good hands.

I don't really see AB, Manny, and Cotch being much worse than Ward, ARE, and Cedrick who helped us win a SuperBowl.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ocho is dodone if we're looking for re-treads how about Braylon Edwards

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I dont think our WRs are the problem. It's the utilization, the TEs, and the play calling.

Once we get Heath back and Wheaton more reps, I think we'll be fine. I know giant WRs have become the norm and Ben's wanted one for years. But small talented WRs can be just as good. AB has the same skillset as Steve Smith in Carolina. And Smith is one of the toughest receivers to cover in the league. The big difference is Ben won't throw unless he's wide open. Steve Smith time and again shows he'll go up and get anything thrown in his vicinity even when covered. AB could do the same.

Manny Sanders might be more villified in Pittsburgh than William Gay. He fumbled a couple times last year. And he's missed a couple passes. So he's hated. But this kid is way better than anyone gives him credit. He's as physical a blocker as there is and always fighting on the outside. He's a good route runner. And he's quick. And he's on pace for about 100 catches and 1000 yards. What more can you ask for in a #2?

And while Cotch is old and slow. He's a great route runner. FInds a soft spot in a zone with ease. And he's got some size and good hands.

I don't really see AB, Manny, and Cotch being much worse than Ward, ARE, and Cedrick who helped us win a SuperBowl.
    You said it flip. Heath comes back, and Wheaton gets worked in, and our WR corps will produce. Big WRs are overrated a bit IMO anyway. The Rams had Bruce/Holt/Hakim back in the day. Brady* won a SB or two with Branch*/Givens*/Troy Brown*. The current best team in the league (the Bags) have Sidney Rice (a #2 WR at best, though big)/Tate/Doug Baldwin. Last year's SB champs had Boldin (big but not necessarily tall)/Torrey Smith/Jacoby Jones.

The bottom line: You can win with our current corp of WR. AB is a player, whether you think he is a #1 or not. Sanders is certainly a solid slot, at best a lower-tier #2. Wheaton (at this point in his career), I believe can at least flash #2 WR production, eventually taking over at least that role (a #2 WR). Add Cotch, and Big Money, and that actually is a pretty strong WR corps IMO.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Can anyone else find it hard to believe that when we were down near the goal line Haley put in a big receiver, Moye, and then threw him an alley oop? I wonder where they got that idea from?

Normally they throw that pass to the smallest receiver on the field.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!