Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: As bad as the offense looked....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    As bad as the offense looked....

    No sacks and no turnovers. That is not Steeler football.
    2018 NFL Draft

    1) Mark Andrews-TE-Oklahoma
    2) Baker Mayfield-QB-Oklahoma
    3) Kyzir White-SS-WVU
    4) Tyrone Crowder-OG-Clemson
    5) MarkWalton-RB-Miami
    7) Andre Brown-DE-Virginia











  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    good grief

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    The defense kept them in the game (as they always do). Gotta move the ball on offense to have a shot. No first downs in the 3rd quarter. Enough said.

  4. #4
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Guys, he's not saying the offense is blameless. He's saying the defense NEEDS TO GET TURNOVERS. Yards allowed is just a stat, nothing more. Turnovers can be game changers. When a team spends more money on defense than offense, the defense needs to do more than keep it's yards-against down.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    Guys, he's not saying the offense is blameless. He's saying the defense NEEDS TO GET TURNOVERS. Yards allowed is just a stat, nothing more. Turnovers can be game changers. When a team spends more money on defense than offense, the defense needs to do more than keep it's yards-against down.
    quit blaming the defense. The offense has to move the damned ball to keep the defense off of the field.

  6. #6
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    quit blaming the defense. The offense has to move the damned ball to keep the defense off of the field.
    There you people go again. You think because someone criticizes the defense that we're also saying the offense is blameless. Not true at all. If anything, the front office gets the most blame for what's going on this season so far.

    However, when a team spends most of it's money on defense, you can't expect a great offense. Turnovers are needed to win games, and for the last three seasons this defense hasn't been able to do that.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    There you people go again. You think because someone criticizes the defense that we're also saying the offense is blameless. Not true at all. If anything, the front office gets the most blame for what's going on this season so far.

    However, when a team spends most of it's money on defense, you can't expect a great offense. Turnovers are needed to win games, and for the last three seasons this defense hasn't been able to do that.

    No I just think it's damned foolish to point the finger at the only bright spot on the team.

  8. #8
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    This team isn't good. Period. The offense is terrible. The running game is terrible. Ben looks terrible. The o-line is terrible.

    Lost 4 of their last 5. 0-4 in the preseason and starting the season 0-2.

    Nice coaching and nice execution. Fire Mike. Fire Haley. Don't even wait for the season to end.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    This team isn't good. Period. The offense is terrible. The running game is terrible. Ben looks terrible. The o-line is terrible.

    Lost 4 of their last 5. 0-4 in the preseason and starting the season 0-2.

    Nice coaching and nice execution. Fire Mike. Fire Haley. Don't even wait for the season to end.

    It's going to happen sooner than later. That's for sure.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    What's his nuts... Fernando Velasco? He could've been a lot worse. He wasn't quite Mahan-ish.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •