Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: As bad as the offense looked....

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    I willing to give Tomlin a chance to right this ship. Haley Im done with. This offense is bad enough as it is without playcalling that dosent maximize the small amount of talent we have.
    I've seen enough of both to be quite honest. I've seen what "Tomlin's teams" look like and they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    quit blaming the defense. The offense has to move the damned ball to keep the defense off of the field.
    There you people go again. You think because someone criticizes the defense that we're also saying the offense is blameless. Not true at all. If anything, the front office gets the most blame for what's going on this season so far.

However, when a team spends most of it's money on defense, you can't expect a great offense. Turnovers are needed to win games, and for the last three seasons this defense hasn't been able to do that.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    I willing to give Tomlin a chance to right this ship. Haley Im done with. This offense is bad enough as it is without playcalling that dosent maximize the small amount of talent we have.
    Tomblin can't win with Tomblin's players. Haley (who is terrible in my opinion) is limited as to his play selection because of the OL... no running game.. and very limited pass plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    only here can this loss get pinned on the defense
    Tell me about it. I think it's freaking incredible that the defense was getting blamed for the Titans loss and now this. Yes, they could have played better but how in the hell can anybody with a brain say that the defense is to blame when the offense looks like they could be replaced by a college offense.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    There you people go again. You think because someone criticizes the defense that we're also saying the offense is blameless. Not true at all. If anything, the front office gets the most blame for what's going on this season so far.

However, when a team spends most of it's money on defense, you can't expect a great offense. Turnovers are needed to win games, and for the last three seasons this defense hasn't been able to do that.

No I just think it's damned foolish to point the finger at the only bright spot on the team.

Hall of Famer
    Obviously this is a concern, but AT LEAST the defense has a level of consistency. The offense OTOH, cannot sustain any consistency. You know why? Because we have undoubtedly the worst pair of Offensive Tackles in the league.

Pro Bowler
    14 first downs says it all

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    No I just think it's damned foolish to point the finger at the only bright spot on the team.
    It's also the unit the team is throwing the most money at.

Defense is the least of our worries. I give Dick Lebeau a TON of credit!!! Given the circumstances this would be a bottom 10 defense with a different DC.

If you guys are angry about the offense, blame the front office.