Thread: 14-2 Baby!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

14-2 Baby!!!!!

Am I delusional? Maybe. But I still think there's talent and possibility on this current team. All is not lost. We just need to shore up a couple loose ends and we can still make a serious run at this season.

The most promising thing I saw last night is Troy and Woodley are definitely back and at 100%. This should bode well as some of our younger players develop. Add in the play of Ike Taylor and I can see this defense turning into the best in the game once some of the younger guys develop like Cortez, McClendon, Heyward, Hood, JJ, Shark, and Williams. I've seen some flashes of talent in these young players but still a lot of mistakes. But it's enough to make me feel like this defense could be the most feared in the league come December and heading into the playoffs. JJ had 7 tackles last night. That's a lot of plays for a 3-4 OLB. And it's only his first game starting. The splash plays are coming.

While the O didn't click last night, the unit overall looked much better. If our franchise QB had any ounce of accuracy on some of his throws last night, we could have easily won that game. The thing that makes me feel better about last night's loss is that it pretty much falls on the shoulders of Big Ben. Ben needs to get it together. And he consistently had over the years. So I'm happy because I think this is something he can play through. And getting Heath back might be just around the corner.

Fernando really solidified the interior of the line. I think he anchors and is harder to move than Pouncey. That was the best DLine we're gonna see and our new C made it look easy. DD looked a little over matched and so did our tackles, but I think things improved and took a big step forward with Fernando. Can't believe I'm saying this.

And ST finally got it together. I can't remember a game in the last several years where something on ST made me furious. I'm pleasantly surprised. It's looking like we now have 2 good units to go along with Ben and the O. And really the only thing holding back the O last night was Ben. We can fix this. There really is a fine line and this team isn't that far away from crossing over.

We can do this. 14-2 isn't as crazy as it sounds. Let's go!!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Let's just say 1-2 flippy. This week is a major test of this team's character. 0-2... 0-3 will be a death knell... home game, vs. a hot but beatable opponent... We win this game, we are just one game under .500.

Starter

User Info Menu

At least they haven't gotten blown out yet, and to be fair, both games were still relatively close and winnable in the 4th quarter. Unfortunately no one on either side of the ball is stepping up late in the 4th quarter and making plays.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Let's just say 1-2 flippy. This week is a major test of this team's character. 0-2... 0-3 will be a death knell... home game, vs. a hot but beatable opponent... We win this game, we are just one game under .500.
    We can start with 1-2. That's cool. It's on the path to greatness

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    At least they haven't gotten blown out yet, and to be fair, both games were still relatively close and winnable in the 4th quarter. Unfortunately no one on either side of the ball is stepping up late in the 4th quarter and making plays.
    The one concern I do have after 2 games is Ben looks like a zombie out there. He looks demoralized. He lacks the fire and passion of the old Big Ben. And where it's showing big time is in the hurry up no huddle. It's taking him 30+ seconds to execute a play when we could have a legit shot to come back in games. I don't know what's wrong here.

Could you see a guy like Brady down 10 with 2 minutes mailing it in and having no sense of urgency to try and win no matter how long the odds may be? I don't know if it's all on Ben or maybe a communication issue with our drunken OC? But whatever it is, it irks me. I wanna at least see them trying and going for broke. I'd feel a little better if I felt like our franchise QB was taking charge and trying to compete.