Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: miss me yet?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Come on. Ben drives them down the field from his 4 yard line and Paulson fumbles.

Ben drives them down and they get a BS tripping call. That's tough to overcome.

Ben did have the pick late in the game and it was a poor throw. But if I were Ben I would be pissed. And he looked like it through most of the game with all of the gaffes by his teammates and coaches.
    Ben did not have a good game at all. I expect much better from a 100 million dollar QB.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben was very inconsistent BUT I personally think it's coming from frustration of the little league playcalling.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yep. I have always thought Ben should get more upset and vocal on offense.

Tonight was one of the few times in his career I have seen him flat out pissed.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Ben did not have a good game at all. I expect much better from a 100 million dollar QB.
    Not when they don't use him.

8 minutes to go in the game Ben threw 6 passes in the second half at that point.

Guys like you got what you wanted. The evil BA was shown the door, and Haley's committed to running the ball and putting Ben in his place.

And the team has won 8 games and lost 10 since.

Enjoy it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Come on. Ben drives them down the field from his 4 yard line and Paulson fumbles.

Ben drives them down and they get a BS tripping call. That's tough to overcome.

Ben did have the pick late in the game and it was a poor throw. But if I were Ben I would be pissed. And he looked like it through most of the game with all of the gaffes by his teammates and coaches.
    Well said...Ben is not the problem, the quality of the line & offensive scheme are the issue. The issues with the line being well-known & the running game in shambles, its clear that the scheme needs adjusting. When teams can generate pressure with just their front four (like the Titans & Bengals) it allows the LBs to drop into into the soft areas making the windows to throw into very small. Also, for all the speed the Steelers WRs have, they struggle to handle physical DBs...which isn't an issue when Heath is available (& Ward before), because he can fight them off & find the soft spots in the D. Now there's too many dump-offs or shallow routes that don't produce when coverage is tight. Again, I don't see Ben as the problem...I see a frustrated QB.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Banned

User Info Menu

Ben can't say anything. Because if he does he's the twice accused of rape QB who's never grown up.

He's basically in prison. Haley's the head guardsmen, and Rooney II's the Warden.

And inmate Ben has to sit there and take it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Looks like we're going to have to block Crash's new IP again
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

This post is so perfect. As I'm driving home after the beagles kicked the field goal to go ahead by 10, and realized our offense has no chance of scoring 10 points, in 7 quarters let alone half of one, I was thinking, MAN I MISS BRUCE ARIANS.
    Tomlin and Hailey are offensive, and I mean that in the most negative way possible.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Well said...Ben is not the problem, the quality of the line & offensive scheme are the issue. The issues with the line being well-known & the running game in shambles, its clear that the scheme needs adjusting. When teams can generate pressure with just their front four (like the Titans & Bengals) it allows the LBs to drop into into the soft areas making the windows to throw into very small. Also, for all the speed the Steelers WRs have, they struggle to handle physical DBs...which isn't an issue when Heath is available (& Ward before), because he can fight them off & find the soft spots in the D. Now there's too many dump-offs or shallow routes that don't produce when coverage is tight. Again, I don't see Ben as the problem...I see a frustrated QB.
    Very frustrated. I knew it was the same ol same ol tonight when they came out and RUTM on 1st and 2nd down and an incomplete pass on 3rd.

The O had some life each time the ball was in Ben's hands. Sure the running game sucks, but what team in the NFL has balance this day and age? It's a non issue for the Broncos and the Seahawks if they rush for less than 100 yards in a game.

And the two time Sanders makes great plays on the ball and makes a catch he is out of bounds. What more can a QB do? Ben's not Payton Manning but he's someone to build the O around. You can't say that for at least 25 other teams in league.

Then add in that the defense is inept at creating pressure (against abysmal play by Dalton) and forcing turnovers (they allow an 80yd td drive after the punt on the series there was the pathetic tripping call) you have a team that's playing poorly on BOTH sides of the ball.
    Last edited by skyhawk; 09-17-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think he did good considering what he had for an OL and Haley's play book....
    No other QB would have done better under the circumstances.....