Thread: Any FAs Out There?

Legend

User Info Menu

Any FAs Out There?

I thought Fernando looked great last night at C. This could seriously turn into a James Farrior like acquisition for the team. Pouncey going down may have been a blessing in disguise for the long haul.

So are there any other Fernando's out there that we can sign? This team might just be a LT, TE, WR, and RB away from being really good.

Max anyone?

McGahee and Jacobs are out there.

We should bring in Jake Ballard and Daniel Fells at least for a look see.

WRs out there look meh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I thought Fernando looked great last night at C. This could seriously turn into a James Farrior like acquisition for the team. Pouncey going down may have been a blessing in disguise for the long haul.

So are there any other Fernando's out there that we can sign? This team might just be a LT, TE, WR, and RB away from being really good.

Max anyone?

WRs out there look meh.
    So, the Steelers need to replace 36% of their offensive personnel to be good? They're really close.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

I am already envisioning an offense next year with Fernando at center and Pouncey and Decastro at the guards.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Max anyone?

WRs out there look meh.
    Jacobs is gone. McGahee or Michael Turner would have to be an improvement over Redman. Of course, they wouldn't play because they don't know the terminology. Redman, on the other hand, knows the system, to the extent that there is one, but doesn't have the talent to execute it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    So, the Steelers need to replace 36% of their offensive personnel to be good? They're really close.

Pappy
    Exactly. Right? We can start with some baby steps

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Release Graham & Wallace. Bring Starks back and start the best two OT and dress the 3rd & Beachum. Leave Whimper in street clothes. Sign an ILB. Unfortunately, it would probably be one of Sylvester or Rolle off the street or McFadden from the Raiders PS. I would look at Chaney or Gooden.

I would look at Ballard or Fells. I would have prefered Davis but he isn't available anymore. Palmer would be cut if they felt Ballard or Fells were more helpful. D Johnson remains because the Steelers think he could back-up FB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Release Graham & Wallace. Bring Starks back and start the best two OT and dress the 3rd & Beachum. Leave Whimper in street clothes. Sign an ILB. Unfortunately, it would probably be one of Sylvester or Rolle off the street or McFadden from the Raiders PS. I would look at Chaney or Gooden.

I would look at Ballard or Fells. I would have prefered Davis but he isn't available anymore. Palmer would be cut if they felt Ballard or Fells were more helpful. D Johnson remains because the Steelers think he could back-up FB.
    Speaking of FBs, I'd try out John Conner. That kid is a beast that I can't believe hasn't stuck anywhere yet. I think the way he plays could change the whole attitude of the offense. To heck with the Johnson twins when you could have a guy like Conner that looks like he wants to murder any guy he blocks.

Starter

User Info Menu

There has to be a TE out there who can block someone... Paulson is an embarrassment to his position
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242