Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Every play Redman is in

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    At this point, I'd gladly take back Starks and an overweight Flozell Adams. Our OL is the worst in the league.....easily.

Yes and defense isnt much better. They have been getting their asses kicked physically for a while on both sides of the ball.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    At this point, I'd gladly take back Starks and an overweight Flozell Adams. Our OL is the worst in the league.....easily.
    Anyone who knows me will tell you I've been hard on Starks since Day One. And I've been against re-signing him like many have said, since he was released by SD. (He's a scrub (him) who couldn't even beat out King Dunlap).

But I will acknowledge, that he came in last year and did bring a level of consistency to the team. And if we didn't have a guy that I disliked as a player even more (Adams), I wouldn't consider Starks. But we should bring him back again and send Adams AS FAR AWAY FROM THE FIELD AS POSSIBLE, if we want to salvage any part of this still young season.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Don't fool yourselves, Adrian Peterson couldn't run behind this line.
    Silly remark. The Steelers draft linemen every year and it never satisfies with the stupid linemen-infatuated fanbase.

The main problem is that outside of quarterback, the Steelers have by far the worst skill position talent in the NFL.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WRsAreEssential View Post
    Silly remark. The Steelers draft linemen every year and it never satisfies with the stupid linemen-infatuated fanbase.

The main problem is that outside of quarterback, the Steelers have by far the worst skill position talent in the NFL.
    Hardly...the line isn't providing two things a RB needs - creating lanes (or seams) & pushing the DL off the LOS - without those RBs are neutralized.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Redman has always been a waste and it was a joke that some suggested he is a legit starter. Redman has just been the benficiary of fans loving the underdog but he is an underdog for a reason...lack of NFL talent.

His lack of ability is just more glaring because of the poor OL we have.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Felix Jones looked good until they pulled him. don't understand why. was he banged up?
    because he looked good. reminds me of McClendon a few years ago. Pushed the pocket, disrupted plays and we couldn't have that with Casey still on the team. Looks like the coaches are in love with Redman.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't understand the Redman fascination at all. He was effective in small doses as a change of pass back, and has some versatility, but has no business starting.

I would rotate Jones and Dwyer as the change of pace until Bell comes back.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Felix should be the starter until LaVeon comes back. Question - Do we ever have what is commonly referred to as a saftey valve on pass plays anymore? Check it out. Either the back is the primary receiver or he stays in to block the blitz, we rarely have the back read the blitz then slip out of the backfield.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Redman has always been a waste and it was a joke that some suggested he is a legit starter. Redman has just been the benficiary of fans loving the underdog but he is an underdog for a reason...lack of NFL talent.

His lack of ability is just more glaring because of the poor OL we have.
    Who was the last Steeler back that went over 100 yards in receiving? Who was the last Steeler back to break 100 yards rushing? Who is the best blocking running back on the team? Granted, the guy isn't AP but he certainly has NFL talent.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bowldog View Post
    Felix should be the starter until LaVeon comes back. Question - Do we ever have what is commonly referred to as a saftey valve on pass plays anymore? Check it out. Either the back is the primary receiver or he stays in to block the blitz, we rarely have the back read the blitz then slip out of the backfield.
    We actually slip the back out of the backfield more than you think but Ben never looks for him. Check out the 3rd and 20 play in the 2nd half where Ben runs around for 10 seconds. Redman is in the flat wide open the entire time but instead of throwing it to him Ben takes a sack and loses 11 yards. Of course that is the Bad Ben ... the flip side of that is when he scrambles and hits the receiver for a 30 yard gain.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!