Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Hate with tears...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jimmy Hate with tears...

Just saw Harrison interviewed by Gruden and was asked a series of questions... was shown a picture of Dick LeBeauand got choked up and shed a tear. Wouldnt have believed I if I didnt see it. "I miss that guy" was his retort.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That was a great interview, and James gave quite a tribute to Lebeau. Amazing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY GOUK View Post
    Just saw Harrison interviewed by Gruden and was asked a series of questions... was shown a picture of Dick LeBeauand got choked up and shed a tear. Wouldnt have believed I if I didnt see it. "I miss that guy" was his retort.
    I saw that

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Harrison sounded very genuine.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gruden's response was the best. "that's awesome" b/c he knew it was genuine. All the DL haters out there take that!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Unfortunately it is our devotion to our long time defensive guru that has hampered our team evolution. Just too many in the NFL use tge 3/4 thus watering down the talent pool we used to draw from with a level of exclusivity. I think that coupled with the fact that since the 90's OCs have had a couple of decades to figure out how to dissect LeBeau's scheme. I just think its time to find another guru....one that can negate the dink and dunk that Manning and Brady execute... along with the new flavor of the NFL, the read option. JMHO.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Gruden's response was the best. "that's awesome" b/c he knew it was genuine. All the DL haters out there take that!!
    Apparently he has a former DPOY bamboozled into believing in his antiquated methodology.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Not a hater, but would like to see a scheme that can handle the new offensive schemes that we just cant deal with anymore. Lets face it... nobody fears us anymore.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would have liked to heard what they edited out from his comments about Tomlin. I'm thinking there was more.

Legend

User Info Menu

LeBeau hasn't lost it whatsoever. The last few years he's been without guys like Aaron Smith and James Farrior, plus guys like Troy Polamalu, James Harrison, and LaMarr Woodley have been gimpier versions of their true selves. Even without guys like this, he's been able to field defenses that have kept us competitive (much moreso than the offense). With the horses at his disposal, his defenses have been legendary, and have been the foundation of multiple championship teams.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.