Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Hate with tears...

Legend

User Info Menu

In the long list of things wrong with this team, Lebeau is so far down in the noise that I can't fathom why anyone would waste time on that subject.

This is a league that FAVORS offense. All defenses will get scored on. If we can't score more than 9 or 10 points on offense, nothing else really matters. This is the most inept offense I've seen in a very long time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    In the long list of things wrong with this team, Lebeau is so far down in the noise that I can't fathom why anyone would waste time on that subject.

This is a league that FAVORS offense. All defenses will get scored on. If we can't score more than 9 or 10 points on offense, nothing else really matters. This is the most inept offense I've seen in a very long time.
    Yup...in today's high-flying NFL, a defense that holds teams to 16 and 20 points is playing well enough to give its team a chance to win. However, an offense that scores 9 and 10 points (actually 7 and 10, since 2 of those were a special teams gift), is not getting the job done.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yup...in today's high-flying NFL, a defense that holds teams to 16 and 20 points is playing well enough to give its team a chance to win. However, an offense that scores 9 and 10 points (actually 7 and 10, since 2 of those were a special teams gift), is not getting the job done.
    Nope. Teams like the Seahawks, 49ers, and Broncos force turnovers. The Hawks et al can score more because their D gives them the ball back many more times in a season. The D is NOT doing its job and hasn't been since 2010.

The Steelers O has it's problems but when you start the majority of your drives inside the 10 (because the D made a stop and forced a punt) it makes it that much more difficult.

OTOH, The 2 times they get great drives (one from their own 4 yd line) Paulson fumbles and they get a bogus tripping call on the other. Take that away and the offense scores 10-14 more points and likely wins the game and we are not having this discussion.

Both sides of the ball are to blame. The lack of turnovers is a major factor. This team DEPENDED on them in the past.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    The Steelers O has it's problems but when you start the majority of your drives inside the 10 (because the D made a stop and forced a punt) it makes it that much more difficult.
    Our special teams gave our offense good field position on more than one occasion, but the offense still did jack squat with it.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[sarcasm]Did anyone else notice how Cincinnatti implemented our yinzer style of 1970's football by running the ball and using TOP to protect it's defense? I think they should fire Zimmer because he has been around too long, revoke Jay Gruden's golf club memberships and realize they will never win with the ultimate sperm cell lottery winner, Mike Brown, at the helm of the team.[/sarcasm]
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    The lack of turnovers is a major factor.
    The offense couldn't do anything with a turnover anyways.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY GOUK View Post
    Not a hater, but would like to see a scheme that can handle the new offensive schemes that we just cant deal with anymore. Lets face it... nobody fears us anymore.
    I personally believe that a 3-4 zone blitz can stop this Read Option attack. But you have to stay with the core of the 3-4. 8 and 9 in the box and force them to throw the deep out. Take them out of their eliminate and do not let them dictate what you do. When they spread out they are trying to create running lanes. Stay in your core/base defense and keep your gap responsibility along with outside contain. I would rather Colin Kaepernick throw 35-40 times a game under a barrage of pressure from the pocket than allowing him to run outside of it or have running lanes for Frank Gore that are the size of city streets.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I personally believe that a 3-4 zone blitz can stop this Read Option attack. But you have to stay with the core of the 3-4. 8 and 9 in the box and force them to throw the deep out. Take them out of their eliminate and do not let them dictate what you do. When they spread out they are trying to create running lanes. Stay in your cteore/base defense and keep your gap responsibility along with outside contain. I would rather Colin Kaepernick throw 35-40 times a game under a barrage of pressure from the pocket than allowing him to run outside of it or have running lanes for Frank Gore that are the size of city streets.
    Do we play SF and a bunch of read option teams this year?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Do we play SF and a bunch of read option teams this year?
    Who was talking about the Steelers? This is in general. If it is done right a 3-4 zone blitz can stop this Read Option.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Who was talking about the Steelers? This is in general. If it is done right a 3-4 zone blitz can stop this Read Option.
    My bad.... thought this was a Steeler board.