Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man 2 Man Strategy for AJ Green

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Well, last year your premise didn't hold true. Ike played the first game and AJ Green caught one pass for 8 yards, in the second game (Ike was injured and didn't play) and AJ Green caught 10 balls for 116 yards. I think Ike does a better job at shutting down #1 receivers than you think; unfortunately, he can't catch a cold.

In 2011, in the first game, Green caught 1 ball for 7 yards and in the second game Green caught one ball for 15 yards, Ike played in both games.

Pappy
    Beat me to the stats, Pappy. Taylor has done well with Green.

Different teams and different options could dictate doing something different, but Ike typically matches up well against taller WRs like Green.

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Well, last year your premise didn't hold true. Ike played the first game and AJ Green caught one pass for 8 yards, in the second game (Ike was injured and didn't play) and AJ Green caught 10 balls for 116 yards. I think Ike does a better job at shutting down #1 receivers than you think; unfortunately, he can't catch a cold.

In 2011, in the first game, Green caught 1 ball for 7 yards and in the second game Green caught one ball for 15 yards, Ike played in both games.

Pappy
    Ike Taylor. No ints means no respect for this guy. Most underrated player on this team by his own team's fans.

Benchwarmer
    Has Green ever had an exceptional game against Ike???? Ike will deliver, don't worry guys.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Töm87 View Post
    Has Green ever had an exceptional game against Ike???? Ike will deliver, don't worry guys.
    I think it has more to do with Dalton than Ike. Dalton is a young QB that won't throw into tight coverage which Ike generally has. If you go back and watch games over the years where teams weren't afraid to throw Ike's way, they've generally had some success. But most just don't do it. And I dont know why, because Ike is not a threat to intercept the ball because he's clueless as soon as it goes in the air.

The one thing that Ike does do better than most CBs, is he gets away with molesting a guy up and down the field which gets into the timing on the routes and is the really reason I think most QBs end up avoiding him.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    When did they name Wally after a transformer

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think it has more to do with Dalton than Ike. Dalton is a young QB that won't throw into tight coverage which Ike generally has. If you go back and watch games over the years where teams weren't afraid to throw Ike's way, they've generally had some success. But most just don't do it. And I dont know why, because Ike is not a threat to intercept the ball because he's clueless as soon as it goes in the air.

The one thing that Ike does do better than most CBs, is he gets away with molesting a guy up and down the field which gets into the timing on the routes and is the really reason I think most QBs end up avoiding him.
    The reason Dalton doesn't throw into tight coverage is because most QBs don't. Even if he drops it into Ike's hands and he does not pick it off, it is still an incompletion. If there is a receiver elsewhere without tight coverage then target him instead.

Think about it. The entire offensive community of the NFL knows that there is almost zero risk of an int when you throw at Ike Taylor...yet they still don't do it because they don't want to give away downs. He has been doing it for years. He is so good at it in fact that we could probably all name his bad games. 11th season and we can count his bad games by memory because there have been so few that they actually stand out. How good is that?