Thread: Steelers Need To Give Roethlisberger More*Opportunities

Steelers Need To Give Roethlisberger More*Opportunities

CBS’ Boomer Esiason: Steelers Need To Give Roethlisberger More OpportuniesSeptember 13, 2013

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/...opportunities/

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – The Pittsburgh Steelers are searching for answers heading into their Monday night showdown in Cincinnati.

CBS NFL analyst Boomer Esiason offers up his answers to Vinnie & Cook on Sportsradio 93-7 The Fan.

To Boomer, the best way for the Steelers to get on track offensively is to put the ball in Ben Roethlisberger’s hands more.

“This is the new NFL,” he says. “All the top quarterbacks are all in situations where they are the guy. They’re the preeminent piece. They’re the ones who are going to make a difference. [The Steelers] have a stud at quarterback. He’s got to be the reason why they win. He’s got to have more opportunities. If he’s not, you’ll be competitive but you’re not going to win in today’s NFL.”

Boomer also explains why he thinks Pittsburgh’s offense will have an uphill climb against Cincinnati, and emphasizes that the team must move on from Maurkice Pouncey’s injury.

Listen to the complete interview below!

play
    CBS NFL Analyst Ben Roethlisberge

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer
    Aw damn, i wanted to dwell on Pouncey's injury all season! I don't want to move on!
    https://cex.io/r/0/birtikidis/0/
    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Ben is the Steelers' ticket to a winning season and the playoffs.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Boomer also explains why he thinks Pittsburgh’s offense will have an uphill climb against Cincinnati
    Thats kinda like reading Merrill Hoge picks the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    True. But do you really want to pin Boomer onto Hoge? Would do that to Sapp. Wait, I wouldn't pin Sapp onto any living human.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Pro Bowler
    let me see if i get this straight. due to injuries and free agency - ben is literally the only playmaker we have on offense. so boomer postulates that in order to win we have to put the ball more in his hands.

wow. who would've thunk that......

it's a sin he get's paid for comments like that. what's next? 'in order for the steelers to have a chance to win, they'll need to score more points than cincinnati'........

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Except that Hogie's always right and Boomer's always a douche.

Legend
    I think Haley's trying to give Ben opps. The majority of the plays are 11 personnel. I think we're trying to focus on the run and short passes to slow down the pass rush and open up PA for Ben to take better shots downfield.

The thing that's kinda messes up is Haley's designed an offense for a guy like Mendy but he's got Dwyer, Redman, and Jones with the bad news bears up front pretending to block. It looks like Jones is the only one comfortable running out of this system for now. This system is asking Redman/Dwyer to be something they aren't. The Bell Cow is gonna have to save us. Hope he's the real deal. Our whole offense is built for him and we haven't even seen him to know if this is or isn't gonna pan out in the long run.

As bad as we played, after going back to watch, the system isn't so bad. They've made a lot of change on both sides of the ball. And I am pretty certain many of the challenges are execution by the players and they are mental issues at this point. It gave me some hope going back and watching. I think this team can get it together going into December and the playoffs. I'm really not going to be all that surprised if we end up sneaking into the fance as a 6 seed and make another SuperBowl run from the bottom given the special players we have that can carry everyone else.

Heck even Hood didn't have a bad game and looks like he's building off the end of last season. There's some hope in the tape.