Thread: Lake Effect Showing Once Again

Legend

User Info Menu

Lake Effect Showing Once Again

Willie Gay had a very good game last week. This is the second season under Carnell Lake's tutelage. Is this more evidence of Lake's talent to coach up even the most average players?

Stay tuned to see if he can hold his own against the Bengals who have one of the deepest WR/TE corp. If Gay can put another good game together, there can be no denying the Lake Effect.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought this topic was going to be about Cleveland continuing to be Cleveland.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Or Willie Gay's just a good CB that got run over one time by AP and has been mercilessly hounded for every little mistake since. For some reason, the Pittsburgh media and fans treat Gay like he plays like Curtis Brown. Brown's the guy who really deserves the wrath of Steeler nation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Willie Gay had a very good game last week. This is the second season under Carnell Lake's tutelage. Is this more evidence of Lake's talent to coach up even the most average players?

Stay tuned to see if he can hold his own against the Bengals who have one of the deepest WR/TE corp. If Gay can put another good game together, there can be no denying the Lake Effect.
    Tonight is Gay's real test. Last week wasn't a challenge with who the Titans had.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Without pressure on Dalton it will be a long night for the entire secondary. If the front 7 can put pressure on Dalton, then the secondary will have a chance to compete.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Haha... You guys kill me with this "Lake Effect"!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Or Willie Gay's just a good CB that got run over one time by AP and has been mercilessly hounded for every little mistake since. For some reason, the Pittsburgh media and fans treat Gay like he plays like Curtis Brown. Brown's the guy who really deserves the wrath of Steeler nation.
    He wasn't that good as a starting DB. I thought he would be OK since he was great in the nickel but he disappointed.

One thing holds true though... fans find a guy and bash him relentlessly. Nate Washington was bashed for 2 or 3 drops early in his career... but those same fans watched Sweed drop their first born and still applauded him for getting open and having upside.