Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Todd Haley: “Chiefs Suck!”

Legend

User Info Menu

Even if he was at the bar until 2 am, who cares? Maybe he was up late working and couldn't sleep. A few beers probably would make him less tired the next day than Ambien.

The reaction to this is like they found Haley in a crack house with some hookers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Even if he was at the bar until 2 am, who cares? Maybe he was up late working and couldn't sleep. A few beers probably would make him less tired the next day than Ambien.

The reaction to this is like they found Haley in a crack house with some hookers.
    Just IMO - for the same reason coaches don't want their players out drinking till 2AM the night before a game, or I don't want my doctor doing that either the night before a big surgery on me. Performance probably just isn't as good, whether it's physical or mental, IMO. It's OK if you win, but if there's a clusterbuck in the very play that turns the game around (wrong personnel in on the Red fumble play), it just raises reasonable questions.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

YOU DO KNOW that would be a dream come true for the haters right?
    There might be a job opening for Crash ??????

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Just IMO - for the same reason coaches don't want their players out drinking till 2AM the night before a game, or I don't want my doctor doing that either the night before a big surgery on me. Performance probably just isn't as good, whether it's physical or mental, IMO. It's OK if you win, but if there's a clusterbuck in the very play that turns the game around (wrong personnel in on the Red fumble play), it just raises reasonable questions.
    I might be concerned if he got a DUI, or was taking a leak in public, or fighting a Sheetz towel dispenser the night before a game. But I don't think a couple beers is really that big a deal. He's probably working around the clock, has a lot of stress in his life, sleeps for maybe 4 hours a night, etc. A lot of these high profile folks in the world have a hard time shutting their mind off. And a couple beers is probably the least harmful thing they could use.

For all we know Tomlin was getting high in his hotel room. DL took a bunch of pain and sleeping pills in his room. And Decastro probably had some crack. Actually that might explain the block on Pouncey

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I might be concerned if he got a DUI, or was taking a leak in public, or fighting a Sheetz towel dispenser the night before a game. But I don't think a couple beers is really that big a deal. He's probably working around the clock, has a lot of stress in his life, sleeps for maybe 4 hours a night, etc. A lot of these high profile folks in the world have a hard time shutting their mind off. And a couple beers is probably the least harmful thing they could use.
    Is Bud Lite considered real beer anyway?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    All good points and I missed that one - I stand corrected!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I always miss the most obvious

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers OC Haley Praises Beachum, Downplays Encounter With Drunken FanBy Matt Popchock
    September 12, 2013
    [URL]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/09/12/steelers-oc-haley-praises-beachum-downplays-encounter-with-drunken-fan/[/URL]

PITTSBURGH (93-7 THE FAN) — Offensively, the Steelers have plenty to worry about after ineptitude and key injuries in Week 1, but on Wednesday, they found themselves having to tackle an off-the-field issue.

In a bizarre story reported by Deadspin writer and Pittsburgh native Dom Cosentino, Todd Haley was at a bar inside a local hotel when he chided a drunken fan who, according to an e-mail to Cosentino, egged on the Steelers’ offensive coordinator after giving him an autograph and lightheartedly adding the phrase “Chiefs suck.”

Haley, who served as Kansas City’s head coach from 2009 until late in 2011, was hired by the Steelers after the 2011 season to replace Bruce Arians.

“I’m very surprised, when I came to work this morning, that it was an issue,” Haley told the media on the South Side. “It’s a non-issue, as far as I’m concerned.”

Haley, who has been staying in the hotel in question with his family while searching for permanent housing in the greater Pittsburgh area, offered his own perspective on the encounter:

“Like I always do, I got asked for an autograph. The guy said, ‘I’m a huge Steeler fan,’ so I signed it, ‘go Steelers.’ Then he said, ‘No, not really, I’m a Chiefs fan,’ so I wrote what I did in jest. It was no disrespect to the Chiefs. I’ve never, at any time, said anything negative about the team that gave me a chance to be a head coach. It was in jest, we laughed about it. That’s why I’m surprised it was being talked about.

“I wrote something about my former team that I probably shouldn’t, so there was no incident.”

Steelers OC Todd Haley Media Scrum - Sept. 12, 201393.7 The Fan
    When attention shifted to the Steelers’ banged-up offensive line, Haley, like quarterback Ben Roethlisberger did during “Vinnie & Cook” Tuesday, sung the praises of backup center Kelvin Beachum, a second-year lineman from SMU originally drafted as a left tackle.

Last year Beachum started the last five games at right tackle, though the Steelers actually listed him as a guard.

“I thought Beach did a great job. Now we need an additional center. We’re trying to get him up to speed, and use whatever remaining time we have with Beach to get him going,” Haley said, noting the team’s recent signing of former Titans center Fernando Velasco to replace Pro-Bowler Maurkice Pouncey. “You can tell [Velasco] has been in the league for a number of years.”

Haley said the coaching staff has not decided how it will deploy its running backs. Jonathan Dwyer, who busted out for 122 yards in a prime-time win at Cincinnati last fall, was re-signed to spell Isaac Redman and replace the injured LaRod Stephens-Howling. Furthermore, the return of rookie Le’Veon Bell from a foot sprain is still not definite.

“It was probably the worst-case scenario, just [in terms of] how we planned to go into the game. It really affected three guys,” Haley said of that ugly home loss to Tennessee last Sunday. “We didn’t get it done. We need to be better in a lot of areas. We’ve made the necessary adjustments, and we’ve had a couple of good practices.”

The Steelers visit the Bengals Monday night at 8:40 as all four AFC North teams enter Week 2 looking for their first wins.

“Everybody’s got to bounce back and play better football, and good things will happen.”
    Last edited by fordfixer; 09-13-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's just a bunch of alarmists grabbing at any and everything they can in order to bust on Haley. This crap gets old fast.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some writers need to draw attention to themselves, so they go tabloid. The better writers don't need to do that, because the are better writers. That's the story I read shallowly buried between the lines.