Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley: “Chiefs Suck!”

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    The fact that the offensive coordinator is at a bar at 1 AM the night before the opener is very concerning. If the Steelers try to sweep this under the rug and don't do anything about it, something is very wrong with the organization.
    They tried to hush it up, until someone went to Deadspin.

Haley spoke about it today after practice.

He can drink the night away any day of the week.

EXCEPT the night before a 1 PM start.

That is unacceptable behavior, and he should be ****-canned, or, if he stays, forced to stay in the hotel with the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Cliff from Cheers explained this years ago. Haley gets it:

Well you see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the heard is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
    In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster more efficient machine.
    And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Legend

User Info Menu

So who will be the next Offensive Coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It is funny how a loss (albeit a very bad loss) affects perception. If the offense performed on Sunday as it had at times last year (i.e. early-middle part of the year), this is likely an interesting anecdote and nothing more. I will admit that it sounds strange that a married man of 40-ish is drinking BL's late into the night... but I'm still not ready to call it quits on Haley.

TBH, Haley reminds me a lot of Lane Kiffin (here in SC), who is facing his detractors too. Their offense has looked very similar in its ineptitude, all the way down to the staple, bubble-screen, and the awkward personal manner of the two coaches. Kiffin to me, is done. I'm not yet ready to say Haley is done, because he did have legitimate success last year (i.e. If Ben doesn't get hurt, it is reasonable to assume the offense continues on as it had-->Ben has a career-like year-->and we make the playoffs.)

I will say that it better get better quick though. There isn't a legitimate reason (e.g. excess injuries, adjustments to new scheme) that this team shouldn't be competing for the division + playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

IF Haley was out getting lit until the 2:00a.m. or whatever the night before the opener, yeah, that is a problem. But the rest of it? It is a story from a bunch of drunks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This story is rediculous. The coaches and players are always at the team hotel the night before each game, and would have a curfew. Period. These drunk dudes were probably so lit up that they imagined this guy to be the OC of the Steelers.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Who cares? The execution of the players on Sunday had nothing to do with Haley being drunk the night before. Haley could have been drunk during the game and that would have made no difference.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Nice one, Hawaiian! That's hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    IF Haley was out getting lit until the 2:00a.m. or whatever the night before the opener, yeah, that is a problem. But the rest of it? It is a story from a bunch of drunks.
    Exactly. I don't even think the guy in the picture looks like him.

Regardless, I really don't care. Dude's a grown man.

One thing I don't understand is the influx of new posters that have nothing but venom to spew. Is this a new tactic from other teams' trolls or something?

Another thing is that I saw a recent Facebook post from the Steelers about Haley having a press conference. Reading through the replies the post received, about 200 out of the 250 I saw were nothing but negative crap about Haley. Replace Haley's name with Arians a few years back and it would be the same. What was the last OC we had that didn't garner all this hatred? Whiz? Gailey? I don't even remember.

Bah, I don't think he's that bad. As a matter of fact I really liked a lot of what I saw last year and hope it continues.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    This story is rediculous. The coaches and players are always at the team hotel the night before each game, and would have a curfew. Period.
    Um, this wasn't at the team hotel. This was in Upper St. Clair.

Haley for some reason isn't required to stay with the team at the downtown hotel before home games.

If it was a rule just for him? Says here he's about to lose it.

The picture IS him. He confirmed it after today's practice.