Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kion Wilson ready to buck up, replace Foote

Backup

User Info Menu

DUKIEBOY - You are the definition of a great fan and this board needs more fans like you.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wilson impressive

Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau is confident in Kion Wilson's ability to replace the injured Larry Foote at inside linebacker but said that rookie Vince Williams will see some time — mostly on special teams.

“I've been pleased with those two young guys and the way they've played throughout the preseason,” LeBeau said.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz2elI6oF7M[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Interesting. I was hoping that maybe Worilds would replace Foote and Jones becomes full time starter at ROLB.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What indication has Worilds given that he would be any good at ILB? I'd rather see Wilson or the Future (V. Williams)
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    DUKIEBOY - You are the definition of a great fan and this board needs more fans like you.
    Takes a great fan to recognize one. so Back at ya "Big Haus" (I like that nickname). Thanks bro.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Interesting. I was hoping that maybe Worilds would replace Foote and Jones becomes full time starter at ROLB.
    Worilds was a DE in college and has never played ILB. Not a good idea to try to train him during the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Takes a great fan to recognize one. so Back at ya "Big Haus" (I like that nickname). Thanks bro.
    The chat room is open if you two need some alone time

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's sad that, Spence would've been primed to fill this spot (even though he's probably not ideally the Buck), if not for his unfortunate injury.

I went back to Kion's draft write-up, and he was considered a tough, team-oriented, blue-collar guy, lacking athletic ability. His college coach called him the toughest player he's ever coached.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It's sad that, Spence would've been primed to fill this spot (even though he's probably not ideally the Buck), if not for his unfortunate injury.

I went back to Kion's draft write-up, and he was considered a tough, team-oriented, blue-collar guy, lacking athletic ability. His college coach called him the toughest player he's ever coached.
    I think Kion's probably holding down the fort for Williams or Spence to eventually take over. I was really excited about Spence since we drafted him andam even more excited about the potential for Williams now. If Spence didn't get hurt, I don't think Williams would have ever got a chance. But now that I've seen Williams this preseason, I can't believe how far he dropped in the draft. He's gonna be a stud.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I noticed how well he was playing in the preseason and purposely went to the roster page when they cut to 53 players to see if he had made the team!