Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Blame Goodell

Legend

User Info Menu

I Blame Goodell

All the fines we got for the hits over the last several years have wiped away the Steelers as we know them. Not only are the players playing different, but there seems to be an emphasis on drafting nice guys who won't bring the wrath of Goodell on Pittsburgh.

Now we play nice. We coach nice. We don't seem to want to hit anyone. It's taken the wind out of our sail.

Goodell has ruined the NFL. But he may have ruined the Steelers even more. We've had the crazy/nasty washed away from the Steelers' DNA. I think we could use some of that back.

It feels like we have a football team with the mentality of professional bowlers and golfers. A little attitude and passion for the game would be nice. Heck I'd take Haley going bonkers on the sideline. WTF happened to him anyway? We made him quiet as a mouse in church. Does anyone on the team or staff or front office care? I think that's what bums most people out. We care. Why don't they seem to? Goodell is the only answer I can come up with.

F Goodell!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    All the fines we got for the hits over the last several years have wiped away the Steelers as we know them. Not only are the players playing different, but there seems to be an emphasis on drafting nice guys who won't bring the wrath of Goodell on Pittsburgh.

Now we play nice. We coach nice. We don't seem to want to hit anyone. It's taken the wind out of our sail.

Goodell has ruined the NFL. But he may have ruined the Steelers even more. We've had the crazy/nasty washed away from the Steelers' DNA. I think we could use some of that back.

It feels like we have a football team with the mentality of professional bowlers and golfers. A little attitude and passion for the game would be nice. Heck I'd take Haley going bonkers on the sideline. WTF happened to him anyway? We made him quiet as a mouse in church. Does anyone on the team or staff or front office care? I think that's what bums most people out. We care. Why don't they seem to? Goodell is the only answer I can come up with.

F Goodell!!!!
    Me and Flippy must be brothers
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post

Legend

User Info Menu

I always thought I might be adopted

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Who else can I count on to predict a Super Bowl victory ever year like me and blame Goodell for the loss of our intimidation? Flip and Flippy...Two of a Kind! What say we write Jack Lambert a letter and explain how we want him to become commissioner of the NFL?
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Goodell may be taking the heat, but in the end, it is the owners who want this new NFL. Why? Because it makes them less liable in the long term. Goodell is an attorney and a very good one. The owners want more money and less of it going to players long gone. The Rooney's, you could say, are to blame for our new league.

We are watching not only the decline of the Pittsburgh Steelers, but more importantly, the decline of the National Football League. Enjoy the show.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    ...but there seems to be an emphasis on drafting nice guys who won't bring the wrath of Goodell on Pittsburgh.

I think guys named Jarvis and Shamarko would disagree with this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who else can I count on to predict a Super Bowl victory ever year like me and blame Goodell for the loss of our intimidation? Flip and Flippy...Two of a Kind! What say we write Jack Lambert a letter and explain how we want him to become commissioner of the NFL?
    Sounds like a plan. Sometimes, some things just make perfect sense

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I think guys named Jarvis and Shamarko would disagree with this.
    I say to them, prove it!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Goodell may be taking the heat, but in the end, it is the owners who want this new NFL. Why? Because it makes them less liable in the long term. Goodell is an attorney and a very good one. The owners want more money and less of it going to players long gone. The Rooney's, you could say, are to blame for our new league.

We are watching not only the decline of the Pittsburgh Steelers, but more importantly, the decline of the National Football League. Enjoy the show.
    I agree about the decline of the NFL but I think the changes have adversely affected the Steelers more than others. Lets face it, the Steelers used to be a team nobody wanted to play, year after year. Now the swagger is greatly diminished and the loss of James Harrison is like the icing on the cake.