Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Blame Goodell

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I think guys named Jarvis and Shamarko would disagree with this.
    Jarvis' hit on the Titans runner in the backfield makes me smile just thinking about it. Reminded me of that Clowney hit on the Michigan kid last year. That was Deebo-esque.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Goodell may be taking the heat, but in the end, it is the owners who want this new NFL. Why? Because it makes them less liable in the long term. Goodell is an attorney and a very good one. The owners want more money and less of it going to players long gone. The Rooney's, you could say, are to blame for our new league.

We are watching not only the decline of the Pittsburgh Steelers, but more importantly, the decline of the National Football League. Enjoy the show.
    Maybe the game will evolve to the players wearing shorts and the goalposts replaced with hoops, and game scores in the 100+ range.

Legend

User Info Menu

Doesn't seem to have scared Suh into submission. Say what you want, but he is one nasty mofo.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Maybe the game will evolve to the players wearing shorts and the goalposts replaced with hoops, and game scores in the 100+ range.
    and the QBs will wear skirts.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Reminded me of that Clowney hit on the Michigan kid last year. That was Deebo-esque.
    "Deebo-esque"

Definition: Used primarily by officials of the National Football League to describe any hit by a defensive player that is deemed illegal.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Uh, you know, I see the current Seahawks D playing almost just like the Steelers have in the past and I don't hear them complaining about Goodell.

I am inclined to put alot of the blame on Goodell as well as I have seen what he has done to old school football. But just watch a seahawks highlight reel in the past year and you might change your mind.