Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bell out another month - Lisfranc injury

Legend

User Info Menu

This is from NFL.com today:

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported Wednesday that the [URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT"]Steelers[/URL] are [URL="http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4687596-74/bell-game-injury#axzz2eYQNMcmy"]hoping to have Bell return[/URL] in a month. This is not a surprise. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport [URL="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232427/article/leveon-bell-could-miss-6-weeks-with-lisfranc-injury"]reported in late August[/URL] that Bell would likely miss around six weeks with a Lisfranc sprain in his foot.

Tomlin disputed the Lisfranc diagnosis publicly at first, but the Tribune-Review confirms Rapoport's original report on the issue. (Tomlin did not address Bell's situation on Tuesday.) Rapoport checked in on the situation on Wednesday and nothing has changed. Bell is only [URL="https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/376802910988169216"]jogging at this stage[/URL], NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala noted a few days ago.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    We all know Pap...As the "weight" of the "L's" pile up...It will get ugly. They are headed for a Top 10 pick if they don't right this shipwreck. What is compounding it is the decisions made as the season opened and the position it put them in with all the injuries that happened. This is what we call the "quicksand" effect....And it may exist on the sideline & filter up to the FO.
    It's so bad, I'm sure someone's though, I wish Nutting owned the Steelers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A top 10 pick, and a top 10 in the following rounds may be what we need in the long haul.

Legend

User Info Menu

ehh... not surprised at all.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It sounds like wishful thinking to me. The diagnosis and the lack of any meaningful timetable makes me think that the injury is the type of Lisfranc that we've heard other guys have, where it affects them for a long time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Doesn't really matter what you want to call it. It's about the severity of the mid foot sprain. The fact that he is out of the boot is a good sign. 4-6 weeks for a mild sprain is about right.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Doesn't really matter what you want to call it. It's about the severity of the mid foot sprain. The fact that he is out of the boot is a good sign. 4-6 weeks for a mild sprain is about right.
    The fact that he is out another month is a bad sign IMO.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I can't remember who I had this conversation with in here. 4 weeks removed would be this weeks Monday night game. A month from then would put him beyond 8 weeks. Someone in here said he would be back by week 2-3 based on "Sprain" and that doesn't look to be the case. Basing that on "Ligament Sprain" versus "LisFranc"....It appears the words used didn't dictate his timetable. Still just a bad injury for a RB to have no matter what you call it.

As far as the boot, the quicker you can get out of the boot the faster down the road to recovery. I had a foot sprain & played OL. I was told the quicker I could walk without the boot the faster my recovery. Now I made it back allot sooner than Bell will but I played OL. My foot was wrapped so tight my toes turned blue & I had to cut it off and re-wrap at halftime. The biggest hitch in this type of injury is how much pain you could play with. You will be given the green light but you won't think you should be on it. If I was sitting down and stood up it would take a good dozen of steps before it stretched out and I wouldn't walk with a limp. That lasted the entire season of 7 weeks after I got back and several more after the season was over. To be honest, 20 years later I still feel some pain if I run around on it all day & sit for awhile. So we don't know the severity of it. I will guess mine was more mild. I know I couldn't have run the ball at 100% until at least 6 weeks but it would have been painful. I have a high threshold. I hope we see a healthy Bell running effectively before the bye. If we don't see him until the Ravens or later...We are talking LisFranc timetable. We may not see the Bell "You all think he could be" this year even if he gets on the field. I'm telling you...If he is out that long...This injury will be something he will have to deal with all of 2013. Hope for the best.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I want to see Bell get on the field but the fact that we're banking offensive "hopes"/performance on a rookie RB that has shown absolutely nothing is a bit pathetic and is a good indication that this team sucks donkey.....
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I want to see Bell get on the field but the fact that we're banking offensive "hopes"/performance on a rookie RB that has shown absolutely nothing is a bit pathetic and is a good indication that this team sucks donkey.....
    the fact that it's another month and he has yet to show anything is scary indeed. Mendenhall had the same issues though and didn't show much but turned into a decent RB.