Thread: Turnovers in game one that didn't happen

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Turnovers in game one that didn't happen

I saw the Steelers give up at the end of what the players thought was the end of the play or
    else Troy gets that interception on the tip ball. Look again at that tip ball.
    That ball was still live and they gave up 1 second to early or Else Troy most likely gets that interception.

The Steelers do not have the right motivation approaching these games..
    This is on the coaches....

Steelers need to be more alert of whats going on on the field!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    I saw the Steelers give up at the end of what the players thought was the end of the play or
    else Troy gets that interception on the tip ball. Look again at that tip ball.
    That ball was still live and they gave up 1 second to early or Else Troy most likely gets that interception.

The Steelers do not have the right motivation approaching these games..
    This is on the coaches....

Steelers need to be more alert of whats going on on the field!!!
    they didn't give up.. they just didn't see the ball out. It happens all the time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Troy got a hand on a ball that 90% of NFL secondary would not even touch. He did everything he could. Sometimes you just don't know where the ball ricocheted to on the field.

For me, the much more concerning issue is the lack game changing plays the defense (all of them) make in general. Strip the ball out of the QB's hand. Make an interception to kill a long drive. Strip a ball carrier and actually recover the fumble. I don't see this D (and it has been true for a couple of years) as one that has a "nose" for the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who can remember the last strip sack? My guess is that James Harrison had it and he doesn't play for the Steelers any longer.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Troy got a hand on a ball that 90% of NFL secondary would not even touch. He did everything he could. Sometimes you just don't know where the ball ricocheted to on the field.

For me, the much more concerning issue is the lack game changing plays the defense (all of them) make in general. Strip the ball out of the QB's hand. Make an interception to kill a long drive. Strip a ball carrier and actually recover the fumble. I don't see this D (and it has been true for a couple of years) as one that has a "nose" for the ball.
    We need guys to tackle the ball instead of the ball carrier. It does drive me nuts sometimes watching other teams play and see one defender stand a guy up and 5 other guys coming in to try and take the ball. We're always so focused on tackling I think we forget about the ball sometimes.

The biggest thing for me that jumped out about Jarvis is he always seems to want the ball. Even in practice this summer, he was always trying to grab the ball from someone. I think he's gonna set a record for forced fumbles before his career is said and done.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    We need guys to tackle the ball instead of the ball carrier. It does drive me nuts sometimes watching other teams play and see one defender stand a guy up and 5 other guys coming in to try and take the ball. We're always so focused on tackling I think we forget about the ball sometimes.

The biggest thing for me that jumped out about Jarvis is he always seems to want the ball. Even in practice this summer, he was always trying to grab the ball from someone. I think he's gonna set a record for forced fumbles before his career is said and done.
    we are just happy when they make the tackle. take a look at this fiasco in the first clip over at BTSC:

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-film-room/2013/9/10/4713334/steelers-film-room-week-1-tennessee-titans-jarvis-jones-hit-chris-johnson[/URL]

Not one but two whiffs....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Who can remember the last strip sack? My guess is that James Harrison had it and he doesn't play for the Steelers any longer.

Pappy
    That is always one of my favorite defensive plays. I can't recall the last one, but I would bet that Jarvis Jones delivers the next one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That is always one of my favorite defensive plays. I can't recall the last one, but I would bet that Jarvis Jones delivers the next one.
    Thanks for saving me the reply, I was just about to say the same thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

I noticed this about Jones too. He REALLY attacks the ball

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher