Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deion Sanders takes shot at Todd Haley

Legend

User Info Menu

Deion Sanders takes shot at Todd Haley

Deion Sanders takes shot at Todd Haley

September 9th, 2013
    Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review

If it wasn’t bad enough that the Steelers offense was non-existent in a 16-9 loss to Tennessee Sunday afternoon, now a Hall-of-Famer is calling out offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

NFL Network analyst and co-host of NFL Gameday highlight show Deion Sanders put the majority of Sunday’s lackluster offensive performance by the Steelers on Haley.

“I am not concerned about the Steelers because of Mike Tomlin,” Sanders said. “(However,) I am concerned about their rushing attack (and) offensive coordinator Todd Haley. It seems as if every place he goes, this happens.”

There’s no denying that the Steelers offense looked out of sync and out of ideas by the second half, but putting the blame on Haley alone isn’t fair, and isn’t necessarily a correct place to put it.

Was it Haley’s fault that Isaac Redman fumbled what could’ve been a game-changing play into the end zone in the first quarter?

Was it Haley’s fault that Emmanuel Sanders dropped a pair of key passes?

And most of all, was it Haley’s fault that the offensive line that was provided to him by Tomlin and the front office couldn’t block anybody?

Let’s face it, Haley was very limited in what he could call because of the offensive line. Break down what you want, but it is truly that simple.

You can’t call a run play if there are no holes.

You can’t call a pass play if your quarterback keeps getting hammered.

I am sure there is enough blame to go around for this loss to the Titans, but Haley is way down on that list in my eyes.

[URL]http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2013/09/09/deion-sanders-takes-shot-at-todd-haley/#.Ui0qw_7U1R8.twitter[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Not thrilled with Haley's play-calling today, but I'm sick of Pinhead calling people out. The day Deion retires from broadcasting will be a great day for the game of football.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Not thrilled with Haley's play-calling today, but I'm sick of Pinhead calling people out. The day Deion retires from broadcasting will be a great day for the game of football.
    Why?? Deoin is the only one that don't suck up to the rest of the media, you know like riding Belichek jock and he's about the only one that stand up for the Steelers and their organization.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Our line sucks and Haley didn't compile it. Ben threw picks, Redman fumbled, zero running game. Haley is real far down the list.
    @_Hellgrammite

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Our line sucks and Haley didn't compile it. Ben threw picks, Redman fumbled, zero running game. Haley is real far down the list.
    I agree. That guy has an offense that line sucks (even before today), a QB that pumps every play and it becomes schoolyard, RB that fumble and cant pass protect, and every WR that is on the field is the same guy- 5'10" 190lbs. Talent is on a milk carton...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    [B]
    “I am not concerned about the Steelers because of Mike Tomlin,” Sanders said.[/URL]
    I wouldn't expect anything less from another black guy trying to talk up his own race. If Tomlin was white he would have eaten him alive.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TomlintheClown View Post
    I wouldn't expect anything less from another black guy trying to talk up his own race. If Tomlin was white he would have eaten him alive.
    Dude your racist remarks are getting old, Mods you mean to tell me Crash constantly get banned but all this racial bs is OK. Now I see what Crash was saying.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Dude your racist remarks are getting old, Mods you mean to tell me Crash constantly get banned but all this racial bs is OK. Now I see what Crash was saying.

Wow, that post was wild, death topic for sure. Kind of food for thought even though the way it was posted was terrible.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Walking a fine line... that's for sure. But I'm not going to ban someone for their opinion even if it's wrong.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Walking a fine line... that's for sure. But I'm not going to ban someone for their opinion even if it's wrong.
    I did from the Code of Conduct
    o Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
    Of coarse you can unban him if you want

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.