Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Buttfumble of blocks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Buttfumble of blocks

I don't get why I don't see more about Decastro's block on Pouncey, in terms of its buffoonery. The guy potentially ruined his teammates career (who knows how far Pouncey will ever come back, adding serious knee injury to groin and ankles), and did as much to derail the team's whole season, with his purposeful dive into his teammates leg.

If it wasn't on purpose, then it shows a level of ineptness in Decastro, that is reminiscent of the Sanchise and his ability to be an NFL QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I don't get why I don't see more about Decastro's block on Pouncey, in terms of its buffoonery. The guy potentially ruined his teammates career (who knows how far Pouncey will ever come back, adding serious knee injury to groin and ankles), and did as much to derail the team's whole season, with his purposeful dive into his teammates leg.

If it wasn't on purpose, then it shows a level of ineptness in Decastro, that is reminiscent of the Sanchise and his ability to be an NFL QB.

Its a fraternity and they aren't calling out one of their own. That was the most ridiculous thing o have ever seen on a football field.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Were you expecting this to be on SportCenter's "Not Top 10?"

As bad as the quality of ESPN has become, I don't even think they would make light of someone getting their ACL blown out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You stole my analogy.

It was an astounding play. What the hell was that DeCastro thinking? This wasn't some split second thing he had to react to. He just ignored the Titan to his right, zeroed in on the back of Pouncey's leg, and went fat spastic.

Legend

User Info Menu

Considering DD was thinking about his assignment, which was to chop block the NT...he was going after his assignment. You guys act like he was trying to take out Pounceys knee. In the heat of battle things happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Considering DD was thinking about his assignment, which was to chop block the NT...he was going after his assignment. You guys act like he was trying to take out Pounceys knee. In the heat of battle things happen.
    I'm sure he wasn't trying to take out Pouncey, but after watching the replay many times it's hard to argue that he didn't try to take out Pouncey.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

What the Hell is a 'buttfumble'??
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    What the Hell is a 'buttfumble'??
    This is a buttfumble.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuvz15OjCVc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuvz15OjCVc[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You're right Shawn...DD clearly thought the DT was going in that direction & whether Pouncey pushed him back or the DT let up, DD was already committed & couldn't stop.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Had to watch the game at a bar and got there late. I never saw it, does anyone have a link? My Youtube search was fruitless.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.