Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: The Buttfumble of blocks

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,759
    Like I said, he had to close his eyes. Pee wee league kids does this and I guess DD does it also. Even Hoke said it on a show today about DD must have had his eyes closed.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    You're right Shawn...DD clearly thought the DT was going in that direction & whether Pouncey pushed him back or the DT let up, DD was already committed & couldn't stop.
    It's worse than you make it sound with "clearly thought" and "already committed." He had plenty of time to react and think his actions through. His dive on Pouncey's leg, relatively far away from the defender (who had also stopped), shows lack of judgment, intelligence, experience, agility, talent, and understanding about his mission out there.

  3. #13
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    It's worse than you make it sound with "clearly thought" and "already committed." He had plenty of time to react and think his actions through. His dive on Pouncey's leg, relatively far away from the defender (who had also stopped), shows lack of judgment, intelligence, experience, agility, talent, and understanding about his mission out there.
    I just can't imagine being in a room reviewing that piece of "tape". I can't imagine a more awkward situation in the film room.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,228
    When it happened you could see how distraught DeCastro was. There is no way he tried to hurt Pouncey deliberately but watching the film it does look that way.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,970
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    When it happened you could see how distraught DeCastro was. There is no way he tried to hurt Pouncey deliberately but watching the film it does look that way.
    I don't like conspiracy theories and don't believe this at all. But, after watching the replay this thought crept into my mind. There is only enough money to extend one high caliber interior linemen on this team. Pouncey is up first (soon). If we extended Pouncey, DeCastro would likely not get an extension. Now, after the injury......who knows? It could be argued that his knee-dive made it less likely we extend Pouncey and freed up more dollars for another player to be extended. Again, I don't believe this. It just crept into my mind as I watched. So, flame away.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    You're right Shawn...DD clearly thought the DT was going in that direction & whether Pouncey pushed him back or the DT let up, DD was already committed & couldn't stop.
    but he committed waaaaay too early and was no where close to the NT.

  7. #17
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    It's worse than you make it sound with "clearly thought" and "already committed." He had plenty of time to react and think his actions through. His dive on Pouncey's leg, relatively far away from the defender (who had also stopped), shows lack of judgment, intelligence, experience, agility, talent, and understanding about his mission out there.
    yep... this would be like Redman tackling Ben on a pass play.

    This play is a prime example of why our OL stinks.

  8. #18
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,514
    Just like someone missing a tackle....You can't hit what you can't see ... DeCastro had his head down.

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,489
    In a game that produced many.......unfavourable.....plays & outcomes, the ill-fated block from DeCastro was possibly the ugliest.

    But to suggest that he intentionally took out Pouncey for his own personal financial gain is a bit rich.

    It was a poorly executed move that had dire consequences. He was obviously upset after the play. No doubt he'll buy Maurkice lunch for the next 6 months.

    The play description Chadman has heard where DeCastro was diving to fill the hole which Pouncey was meant to vacate & move on to his next target seems the most logical explanation. Pouncey, however, got caught up by the Titans DT, never vacated the spot, and got caught in friendly fire. DeCastro was throwing himself, unwisely with his eyes away from the action it would seem, to the designated target position. Poor play from DeCastro, unfortunate play for Pouncey, but hardly intentional play.

    This might not be a great team, but they are not trying to kill eachother...
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  10. #20
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    In a game that produced many.......unfavourable.....plays & outcomes, the ill-fated block from DeCastro was possibly the ugliest.

    But to suggest that he intentionally took out Pouncey for his own personal financial gain is a bit rich.

    It was a poorly executed move that had dire consequences. He was obviously upset after the play. No doubt he'll buy Maurkice lunch for the next 6 months.

    The play description Chadman has heard where DeCastro was diving to fill the hole which Pouncey was meant to vacate & move on to his next target seems the most logical explanation. Pouncey, however, got caught up by the Titans DT, never vacated the spot, and got caught in friendly fire. DeCastro was throwing himself, unwisely with his eyes away from the action it would seem, to the designated target position. Poor play from DeCastro, unfortunate play for Pouncey, but hardly intentional play.

    This might not be a great team, but they are not trying to kill eachother...
    We all know it wasn't intentional. But you can't help watching the replay and wondering WTF just happened there. I do think Pouncey F'd up on that play by holding the block. But how did Buttfumble not notice him there?

    It does bring up an interesting point though. If our linemen can't figure out the blocking scheme, not wonder Redman and Dwyer have looked lost and indecisive running behind these guys. There's a lot of angst toward both Redman and Dwyer for their performance to date. But I gotta say, both of those guys have run hard in years past and with both of them not running hard anymore, it tells me there's a systematic problem here. And Buttfumble made is blatantly obvious for everyone to see.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •