Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Buttfumble of blocks

Administrator

User Info Menu

It's some kind of sick game the o-line is playing. See.... it goes like this:

Last year, the RT took out the RG, DeCastro's knee.
    This year, the RG took out the C, Pouncey's knee.
    Next year, the C will take out the LG, Foster's knee.
    The following year, the LG will take out the LT, Adam's knee and finally....
    The LT, Adams will take out the RT, Gilbert's knee.

Position-by-position, they are working their way down the line of scrimmage taking out each other's knee. Unfortunately, they aren't even halfway done with this game.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    It's some kind of sick game the o-line is playing. See.... it goes like this:

Last year, the RT took out the RG, DeCastro's knee.
    This year, the RG took out the C, Pouncey's knee.
    Next year, the C will take out the LG, Foster's knee.
    The following year, the LG will take out the LT, Adam's knee and finally....
    The LT, Adams will take out the RT, Gilbert's knee.

Position-by-position, they are working their way down the line of scrimmage taking out each other's knee. Unfortunately, they aren't even halfway done with this game.
    And at the end of the game they all dog pile Ben.......... Oh Wait they are already letting the other teams D do that for them

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    The play description Chadman has heard where DeCastro was diving to fill the hole which Pouncey was meant to vacate & move on to his next target seems the most logical explanation. Pouncey, however, got caught up by the Titans DT, never vacated the spot, and got caught in friendly fire. DeCastro was throwing himself, unwisely with his eyes away from the action it would seem, to the designated target position.
    So if Pouncey had vacated the spot, DeCastro would have just taken a waddling belly flop onto the turf? Is that how zone blocking works when defenders don't fill the zone?

How long has zone blocking been around? Are there teams that do it successfully? Someone please list them, because I can't picture how this is supposed to work. Seems idiotic to me, but I don't know the fine details of football.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The league should get rid of the chop blocks at the LOS altogether. Too many injuries there.