Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really

Backup

User Info Menu

Really

Coach Mike Tomlin said today that the Steelers' season-opening loss to the Tennessee Titans was "not all bad" and that his team was "an explosive play or two" from being in the game.

Read more: [url]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-steelers-an-explosive-play-or-two-away-from-win-702723/#ixzz2eWr3xtxy[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blitz71burgh71 View Post
    Coach Mike Tomlin said today that the Steelers' season-opening loss to the Tennessee Titans was "not all bad" and that his team was "an explosive play or two" from being in the game.

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-steelers-an-explosive-play-or-two-away-from-win-702723/#ixzz2eWr3xtxy[/URL]
    We're u not watching? A couple of big plays (offense or defense) then maybe we win with a late td or tie with a field goal to force OT. We will see a different team Monday ... Ido not believe this team will roll over and not put up a big fight in cinci...

Legend

User Info Menu

He's right.. but it wasn't because of the O. We were always a play away from winning until late in the game. Unfortunately the chances of a big play were slim to none.

Legend

User Info Menu

i'm with mr t on this. in fact probably one play would have been enough. that's ultimately steelers football. play good with good teams. bad with bad teams. and pull a rabbit out in the end. that's really been what's missing. we haven't closed out well for a little over a season. we need some closers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    i'm with mr t on this.
    I heard Mr T was on FIRE at the new conference angrily lashing
    out at the media with a RAGE we have never seen from him

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-10-2013 at 07:02 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

When you lose by one score, you are one play away by definition...

Legend

User Info Menu

If we had actually played a good team like the 49'ers or Broncos, how many splash plays away would we have been? That's the question. It's not that we were a big play away from winning, it's that we were a big play away from winning against a mediocre team.

Starter

User Info Menu

How many games have the Browns been a big play or two away from being competitive in? This is a game of inches. A big play or two for every losing team last Sunday would have reversed a lot of outcomes.

Starter

User Info Menu

By the way I would be able to beat Ike Taylor in a 40 yard dash if only I could knock a couple of seconds off my 40 time.

Legend

User Info Menu

He's delusional and should potentially be fired for that statement alone.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount