Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Omg ... Redman starting again?!?!

Rookie

User Info Menu

United Colors of Crash does have a point...

Go with 3WR and a TE or FB...make the defense take the 8th guy out of the box...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    I just dont get it. Is Felix Jones.really having that much trouble picking up the playbook? How hard can it be?
    The playbook and verbiage of the offense needs to be learned. Player responsibilities in an offense around the league may be similar. Learning a new language takes time. It's one reason why coaches that switch teams will often bring in players that know their systems. Those players can often teach the other players on the team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    The playbook and verbiage of the offense needs to be learned. Player responsibilities in an offense around the league may be similar. Learning a new language takes time. It's one reason why coaches that switch teams will often bring in players that know their systems. Those players can often teach the other players on the team.
    To add to that, many times the RB has protection jobs that can be a bigger part of things than simply knowing whether to go right or left and find a hole.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

Go with 3WR and a TE or FB...make the defense take the 8th guy out of the box...
    Hard to believe they had LSH in the backfield trying to passblock guys 2.5x his size. That was stupid. What, was he going to surprise those rushers with his speed and shiftiness?

Administrator

User Info Menu

really? Jones has been playing football his whole life and he doesn't know enough of this playbook to start? Come on.. how difficult can it possible be? He knew the playbook enough to play a large amount during the 4th preseason game. Did he suddenly forget everything? I doubt it. At a minimum, simplify a few play calls to get him some game action.

I'm tired of the excuses.... make something happen.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe it's because Felix Jones just isn't a good football player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I literally cannot express with a keyboard how loudly I burst into laughter with that line.....AWESOME.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I literally cannot express with a keyboard how loudly I burst into laughter with that line.....AWESOME.
    Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all season...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    To add to that, many times the RB has protection jobs that can be a bigger part of things than simply knowing whether to go right or left and find a hole.
    It has been said time & time again that Redman is the best RB at pass protection, plus he's a better receiver out of the backfield. Get him some plays where he can run north & south & the results will be better...the problem is with this line in the state it's in, can they open the holes? My issue with Beachum at center is that he doesn't have the strength or enough sand in his pants to handle the NTs he'll face & that's where the run game will fail no matter who we have in there.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

If Redman is so good at pass blocking then we need to play him on the line. instead of the garbage out there namedly D.J. and Paulson