Thread: Injuries - Better now than later?

Backup

User Info Menu

Injuries - Better now than later?

If you have to lose a player for the season, isn't it better to find a replacement now while the best recently cut players are still on the sidelines waiting for their chance? If we lost Pouncey in week 5, would Velasco still be available, or would some other team that already lost a lineman have picked him up? Would Dwyer have been available in a few weeks?

Also, I would rather start a new guy and get the kinks out now than starting all over in the middle of the season. Losing Foote hurts, but now his replacement has more time to learn the calls and get better throughout the season.

Just looking for a silver lining in the hand that was dealt to the Steelers.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Completely agree. I don't think Foote is a big loss at all. He shouldn't have been our starting ILB anyway. I find it incredible that Sly is even in consideration. I would go with Vince Williams but I would be ok with Kion Wilson.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Completely agree. I don't think Foote is a big loss at all. He shouldn't have been our starting ILB anyway. I find it incredible that Sly is even in consideration. I would go with Vince Williams but I would be ok with Kion Wilson.
    I'm still surprised Marshall McFadden was cut. Perhaps we poach him off the Raiders practice squad. Maybe Kion Wilson, Vince Williams, and Terence Garvin were kept over McFadden because of their special teams prowess, but as a pure ILB, I prefer McFadden to our other backups now.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.