Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to switch to passing attack

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    They didn't win because of the offense. Ben and BA threw 40 times in the GB SB. Ben had 2 picks and one for a pick six. The stupid offense lost the game. BTW they don't sniff the SB if not for beating the Jets because of Gay picking up a fumble and getting a TD. Ben sucked by throwing 2 picks in just 19 passes. They didn't score a point in the second half. WAIT they actually did score by giving the Jets a safety (Ben fumbled the ball). That's BA ****ing offense. No points and pray the defense scores... just like the SB with AZ. They lose that game if not for Harrison.
    Still better than the Haley offense.

And if you want to say "they don't win without Harrison's pick-six", then does Drew Brees with without Tracy Porter's pick-six? Does Flacco win without Jacoby Jones 108-yard kickoff return? Does Peyton Manning win his only Lombardi without a pick-six as the Colts final score in that game?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    For what it's worth, Andrew Luck was sacked 41 times last season (4th most in the league), while Ben was sacked 30 times last season (tied for 14th in the league).

Of course, Luck was subjected to a season's worth of Bruce Arians 7 step drops too, so that could have something to do with it.
    7 steps into to playoffs... and BA won coach of the year.

Ben is a big boy.. not sure why fans keep crying about him taking hits... they happen regardless so might as well go down field.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    They didn't win because of the offense. Ben and BA threw 40 times in the GB SB. Ben had 2 picks and one for a pick six. The stupid offense lost the game. BTW they don't sniff the SB if not for beating the Jets because of Gay picking up a fumble and getting a TD. Ben sucked by throwing 2 picks in just 19 passes. They didn't score a point in the second half. WAIT they actually did score by giving the Jets a safety (Ben fumbled the ball). That's BA ****ing offense. No points and pray the defense scores... just like the SB with AZ. They lose that game if not for Harrison.
    The D should play big since we gave them all the money...

No one can every say the D doesn't carry this team but it's all about complimenting the D and BA's offense and Ben's arm and feet complimented our D better than this O.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    Still better than the Haley offense.

And if you want to say "they don't win without Harrison's pick-six", then does Drew Brees with without Tracy Porter's pick-six? Does Flacco win without Jacoby Jones 108-yard kickoff return? Does Peyton Manning win his only Lombardi without a pick-six as the Colts final score in that game?
    that's the problem with some fans... they want us to win because of our O. I think all 3 phases are needed and its no surprise that a D that is paid top dollar, along with a HC is was a defensive coach is getting the glory most games.

Banned

User Info Menu

BTW they don't sniff the SB if not for beating the Jets because of Gay picking up a fumble and getting a TD. Ben sucked by throwing 2 picks in just 19 passes.
    The first pick went through Mendy's hands against the Jets, but YOU are going to be taken to Context School. Pull up your desk and say "Hi" to Slap and Lemming, they are sitting right next to you.

Ben Roethlisberger scores a TD to give the Steelers a 17-0 lead in the Jets AFC title game.

Then, Willie Gay scoops up a fumble. It's 24-0, start playing Renegade, wave those Terrible Towels, right?

WRONG!

Why? Because after Gay's fumble return, the Steelers defense gave up a field goal.

Then, to start the 2nd half, the defense gave up a touchdown to Santonio Holmes.

So that's 10 straight points for the Jets, and the 17 point lead that Ben's offense gave the defense was cut to 14 points.

And Ben wasn't on the field for a half an hour.

Class dismissed.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    that's the problem with some fans... they want us to win because of our O. I think all 3 phases are needed and its no surprise that a D that is paid top dollar, along with a HC is was a defensive coach is getting the glory most games.
    And considering the Steelers spend most of their money on defense (one reason why they've been in cap hell), why should anyone expect the offense to be better? The Steelers are getting what they paid for.

In this current era where offenses have the advantage, that has to change.

Banned

User Info Menu

No, the problem is some fans only care about where this team ranks on D without looking at context.

Lemming here praises the 2011 defense. But ignores the garbage QBs that team faced for most of the year.

That season, for any realistic fan should be remembered for 2 things: Joe Flacco going 90 yards win the division, and Tim Circus Act smoking that defense.

The defense has injuries? They get absolved of blame.

Arians offense has injuries? Doesn't matter.

And you can't read this and tell me I'm wrong.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GermanCrash View Post

...That season ... should be remembered for 2 things: Joe Flacco going 90 yards win the division, and Tim Circus Act smoking that defense....
    I'm geographically overwhelmed, feeling blitzkrieged, so I can't remember if I at the core of things agree with UNCrash or not. But I do think I agree with the above statement. The #1 defense and 50c would have bought us a quarter Venti from Starb*cks that year.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    Are you referring to the game last year in Denver when even though the Steelers were in "no huddle", Ben wouldn't snap the ball until the playclock went all the way down?

Considering the Steelers love them some TOP, I don't think that was Ben's decision.
    No. I'm referring to the unexplainable poorly executed 2 minute drill of last week.

I don't know what was worse....

Ben's execution near the end zone which in which he continuously used up to much time and was throwing short of the endzone
    ..or..
    Tomlin's timeout with 2:02 on the clock.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    No. I'm referring to the unexplainable poorly executed 2 minute drill of last week.

I don't know what was worse....

Ben's execution near the end zone which in which he continuously used up to much time and was throwing short of the endzone
    ..or..
    Tomlin's timeout with 2:02 on the clock.
    That was the best drive of the game. And don't tell me it was Ben's choice not to throw in the endzone, everyone knows that isn't true. Everyone knows ever since Haley came here this offense has started to play scared.