Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dulac claims the Steelers will

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Yes, it does make sense. And yes, it is total bullcrap. You keep Williams and Wilson over Sly, then they play over Sly.
    Williams was kept as the backup to Foote and Wilson is the backup to Timmons. It's possible we kept Williams based on his potential but didn't expect Foote to go down and don't feel Williams is ready to start.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Haha Jeez.... If Whipper gets cut, who will we blame all of our problems on?
    We blame him when he is on the bench so we can blame him if he is cut.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captain lemming View Post
    we blame him when he is on the bench so we can blame him if he is cut.
    ahahahahahaha!!!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    This is a team in disarray. The players are not stupid. Tomlin is running the risk of losing this team by making moves like this.

Imagine if you are a player who won a job in preseason, only to find out you lost that job because the guy you were backing up got hurt, and the guy you beat out was signed to take your job. Did that sentence even make sence? Scary thing is its true.
    Situations vary. For instance if we somehow wound up in playoff contention its week 14 Ben misses a game because his wife is having baby 2. Grad comes in and gets injured for the season while leading the game. We lose on a Landry pick. I would call Batch to backup Ben through the playoffs, despite knowing Landry has WAY MORE potential in the long term.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Williams was kept as the backup to Foote and Wilson is the backup to Timmons. It's possible we kept Williams based on his potential but didn't expect Foote to go down and don't feel Williams is ready to start.
    And I would think cap hits came into play as well

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    nope, it takes several years to properly learn Dick LeBeau's complicated defensive schemes...
    that's right... you pick it up somewhere in your early 30's...one or two years before retirement...lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    nope, it takes several years to properly learn Dick LeBeau's complicated defensive schemes...
    sorry learning plays does not take that long... heck I could learn 50 plays in 2 weeks....

Backup

User Info Menu

So...uhhhhhh...who is are starting ILB to replace Foote????

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    So...uhhhhhh...who is are starting ILB to replace Foote????
    Looks like it will be Kion Wilson, at least initially.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Perhaps Levon Kirkland or Kendrell Bell is available for Sunday's game. Tomlin seems to be very good at having a plan, but once that plan doesn't progress the way he thought or hoped it would, he doesn't have any answers. The Steelers need to admit Tomlin is not the right guy to lead this team. I don't care how well thought of he is in the league, this team is worse off than it was when he took over. They are softer and not as tough mentally.