Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dulac claims the Steelers will

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Williams was kept as the backup to Foote and Wilson is the backup to Timmons. It's possible we kept Williams based on his potential but didn't expect Foote to go down and don't feel Williams is ready to start.
    I still don't get it...and if they bring back Sly, that will be the clincher ! They do this all the time, bring people off the street to fill in for injured players and ignore the people they are supposedly grooming. If Williams is Footes back-up and he is not ready to call plays then why would Wilson be any more prepared with even less time in the system ? I realize he has some experience with other teams but his forte is on the teams, that's why he was brought in. Now we see that Timmons will wear the green button and that makes me wonder how much game time Williams will get now ??

I'm not an NFL coach, I understand that but there's some stuff they do that jus don't make good sense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelchip View Post
    I still don't get it...and if they bring back Sly, that will be the clincher ! They do this all the time, bring people off the street to fill in for injured players and ignore the people they are supposedly grooming. If Williams is Footes back-up and he is not ready to call plays then why would Wilson be any more prepared with even less time in the system ? I realize he has some experience with other teams but his forte is on the teams, that's why he was brought in. Now we see that Timmons will wear the green button and that makes me wonder how much game time Williams will get now ??

I'm not an NFL coach, I understand that but there's some stuff they do that jus don't make good sense.
    williams couldn't play last week cause he didn't get a hat. i'm hoping he dresses and starts this week. i thought he was the most impressive LB in camp. he's one bad dude. i think it might motivate timmy too having on of his alums lined up next to him. I think timmy likes williams and will help get him up to speed quickly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Williams was kept as the backup to Foote and Wilson is the backup to Timmons. It's possible we kept Williams based on his potential but didn't expect Foote to go down and don't feel Williams is ready to start.
    Agreed - however, I would start him and take my lumps... if it was for "potential" and, you truly believe his upside is higher this year, then, within a few games, this will be a better team with him back there. Fingers crossed - I want Williams back there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Agreed - however, I would start him and take my lumps... if it was for "potential" and, you truly believe his upside is higher this year, then, within a few games, this will be a better team with him back there. Fingers crossed - I want Williams back there.
    i'm with ya bro. i love me some williams.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JB13 View Post
    Perhaps Levon Kirkland or Kendrell Bell is available for Sunday's game. Tomlin seems to be very good at having a plan, but once that plan doesn't progress the way he thought or hoped it would, he doesn't have any answers. The Steelers need to admit Tomlin is not the right guy to lead this team. I don't care how well thought of he is in the league, this team is worse off than it was when he took over. They are softer and not as tough mentally.
    Instead of bringing back Levon Kirkland, let's just bring back Snack. Those men may well be the same size.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is a losing season. Does it really matter who they start? Jadevon Clowney would look fantastic in Black and Gold but we would never draft him because he is just a 4-3 DE and doesn't fit our scheme. We rather take a chance on a 3 year project and then not play him
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Jadevon Clowney would look fantastic in Black and Gold but we would never draft him because he is just a 4-3 DE and doesn't fit our scheme.
    so do you think we should maybe switch to a 4-3?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    so do you think we should maybe switch to a 4-3?
    No. Just keep things the same because the DC is comfortable with that
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    This is a losing season. Does it really matter who they start? Jadevon Clowney would look fantastic in Black and Gold but we would never draft him because he is just a 4-3 DE and doesn't fit our scheme. We rather take a chance on a 3 year project and then not play him
    I don't want Clowney, no matter what scheme the team runs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Is anyone taking Kion's place on ST if he starts at LB? I wonder how this will affect him towards the end of the game for this first one or two. I don't have a problem with starting Kion or Vince. Lets get some new blood in there and work out the kinks early in the season. Never know what you have until you do.