Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin..... Learn something from Chip

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

User Info Menu

Tomlin..... Learn something from Chip

Hey Mike... Listen up.

There is this thing called coaching and you might want to try it sometime. The eagles defense was a joke last year. The eagles o-line was a joke last year. Are you watching this game? The eagles look motivated, crisp and prepared. Our offense doesn't have any of these attributes.

Wow... imagine that! Coaching actually does make a difference even if some people around here don't want to admit it.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

the bears seemed to change their offensive line woes in one year (based of one game this year so its early). bengals had no sacks on Cutler. Why can't we do this??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    the bears seemed to change their offensive line woes in one year (based of one game this year so its early). bengals had no sacks on Cutler. Why can't we do this??
    We have done this, I think there were a couple of teams last year that we had no sacks on

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know their lineups, but do do they have better players than the guys we had on the field last night? I'd guess they do, even knowing nothing about them.

Even so ... we were moving the ball AWESOME before the fumble/injury to Pouncey.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Administrator

User Info Menu

I know one thing for sure.... they didn't replace their entire o-line, most of their offense, and defense in one year.

It's coaching. It's preparation.

Yes, Pouncey is a loss but his injury shouldn't turn a professional team into a pee wee football team. He's not that good and quite honestly, he looked like crap in preseason. I thought Beachum played ok... Teams lose players all the time including pro bowlers. The good teams have depth and the good teams keep moving forward without absolutely collapsing.

Again... this isn't a 1 game hiccup. This team has had ongoing problems for AWHILE now. I think that is why so many of us are pissed about the performance or lack thereof.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I know one thing for sure.... they didn't replace their entire o-line, most of their offense, and defense in one year.

It's coaching. It's preparation.

Yes, Pouncey is a loss but his injury shouldn't turn a professional team into a pee wee football team. He's not that good and quite honestly, he looked like crap in preseason. I thought Beachum played ok... Teams lose players all the time including pro bowlers. The good teams have depth and the good teams keep moving forward without absolutely collapsing.

Again... this isn't a 1 game hiccup. This team has had ongoing problems for AWHILE now. I think that is why so many of us are pissed about the performance or lack thereof.
    Not true last season. The Superbowl Niners played their entire season with their starting OL not missing a single snap. Chicago on the other hand, had more injuries to their OL than the Steelers.
    There is a reason why these guys are second or third on the depth charts and not starting. Give the starters a little more credit. A team can cover up one missing key player but missing multiple is near impossible in this league. No Miller, no Pouncey = a very tough combo. Really, Beachum never playing an NFL game at center is expected to replace a pro-bowler and not miss a beat?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tomlin is a master in making his jaw square at press conferences, making "strong" declarative remarks (sprinkled with catch-phrases), and doing nothing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tomlin lets his coordinators and assistants coach. He is not a micro-manager. That is his approach for better or for worse. The problem is that you need top notch coordinators and assistants for that to work. We have a few, but not enough.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Tomlin lets his coordinators and assistants coach. He is not a micro-manager. That is his approach for better or for worse. The problem is that you need top notch coordinators and assistants for that to work. We have a few, but not enough.
    Then Tomlin needs to hold the coordinators accountable for details. In this case, particularly Haley (who has to hold Bicknell accountable) for the disaaster that is the Steelers' offense.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Then Tomlin needs to hold the coordinators accountable for details. In this case, particularly Haley (who has to hold Bicknell accountable) for the disaaster that is the Steelers' offense.

Pappy
    I don't disagree. But, we have no idea what happens behind closed doors. Generally, the Steelers choose not to air their dirty laundry. Maybe Tomlin is holding them accountable, maybe is acting stoic and towing the company line, maybe he is clueless. We have no idea at this point. But, we shall see.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.