Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: It's amazing how the change in offensive philosophy ...

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,654

    It's amazing how the change in offensive philosophy ...

    Make a dud low scoring offense become explosive, the Eagles look like world beaters on O when last year they looked liked duds . Vick looked washed up now he looks like a Pro Bowl QB. Yet Haley prefer to dink and donk his way to glory. Art II I hope you are watching because trying to play 70's ball in the year 2013 will not work! Mr. Goodell has changed that.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Make a dud low scoring offense become explosive, the Eagles look like world beaters on O when last year they looked liked duds . Vick looked washed up now he looks like a Pro Bowl QB. Yet Haley prefer to dink and donk his way to glory. Art II I hope you are watching because trying to play 70's ball in the year 2013 will not work! Mr. Goodell has changed that.
    We ran 15 times.
    What "70's football"?
    Last season was one of the lowest rushing teams in recent Steeler HISTORY.

    The problem "short passing" perhaps?
    How the heck is THAT 70 Steelers football? Was Bradshaw "dink and dunk?"

    Please don't let Crash's rhetoric get to you.

  3. #3
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,415
    So Tomlin didn't have any say in the OC selection? I was all Art II?

    I suppose he didn't have any say in the hiring of the ST or OL coaches?

    He doesn't have any say in personnel decisions and/or draft picks either according to some.

    Hell, if that's the case, my 4 y/o nephew could coach the Steelers because as the HC, you don't have any responsibility. It's everyone else's fault except the head coach. What a great job to have.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    We ran 15 times.
    What "70's football"?
    Last season was one of the lowest rushing teams in recent Steeler HISTORY.

    The problem "short passing" perhaps?
    How the heck is THAT 70 Steelers football? Was Bradshaw "dink and dunk?"

    Please don't let Crash's rhetoric get to you.
    OK halftime adjustment after a lackluster performance is run the ball I think 6 straight times to Howlings, yea that seems like 70's ball to me or better yet throw short passes when no one expect you to throw another long pass. The first qr. play calling was brilliant and then they decided to turtle ball it the rest of the way.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,654
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    So Tomlin didn't have any say in the OC selection? I was all Art II?

    I suppose he didn't have any say in the hiring of the ST or OL coaches?

    He doesn't have any say in personnel decisions and/or draft picks either according to some.

    Hell, if that's the case, my 4 y/o nephew could coach the Steelers because as the HC, you don't have any responsibility. It's everyone else's fault except the head coach. What a great job to have.
    I'm going by reporters that is close to the team, who said that it was a Rooney hire.

  6. #6
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I'm going by reporters that is close to the team, who said that it was a Rooney hire.
    Oh... The Pittsburgh sports reporters.... the same ones that wrongfully report FA signings and talk about Le'veon Bell being our "savior" when he hasn't rushed the ball more than 4 times in a game?

  7. #7
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I just said we did not play 70's football. I do not see the relevance of ANYTHING you just said to my point.
    My post was in response to Steelhere10's first post... not yours.

  8. #8
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,535
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Oh... The Pittsburgh sports reporters.... the same ones that wrongfully report FA signings and talk about Le'veon Bell being our "savior" when he hasn't rushed the ball more than 4 times in a game?
    yep dem's da ones

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    OK halftime adjustment after a lackluster performance is run the ball I think 6 straight times to Howlings, yea that seems like 70's ball to me or better yet throw short passes when no one expect you to throw another long pass. The first qr. play calling was brilliant and then they decided to turtle ball it the rest of the way.
    First drive of the second half:

    1st down Ben Roethlisberger pass to the left to LaRod Stephens-Howling for 4 yards to the Pit24. Tackled by Bernard Pollard.
    2nd down LaRod Stephens-Howling rush to the left for 4 yards to the Pit28. Tackled by Derrick Morgan.
    3rd down Ben Roethlisberger incomplete pass to the left intended for LaRod Stephens-Howling.
    4th down Zoltan Mesko punts for 41 yards to Ten31. No return.

    Not 70's Steeler football. Not close. You did recall the "player" right though.
    Second drive we kept going to LSH with 2 runs
    Third drive 3 straight passes- first to LSH
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-09-2013 at 10:38 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    My post was in response to Steelhere10's first post... not yours.
    Yeah I caught it after I posted.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •