Thread: It's amazing how the change in offensive philosophy ...

It's amazing how the change in offensive philosophy ...

Make a dud low scoring offense become explosive, the Eagles look like world beaters on O when last year they looked liked duds . Vick looked washed up now he looks like a Pro Bowl QB. Yet Haley prefer to dink and donk his way to glory. Art II I hope you are watching because trying to play 70's ball in the year 2013 will not work! Mr. Goodell has changed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Make a dud low scoring offense become explosive, the Eagles look like world beaters on O when last year they looked liked duds . Vick looked washed up now he looks like a Pro Bowl QB. Yet Haley prefer to dink and donk his way to glory. Art II I hope you are watching because trying to play 70's ball in the year 2013 will not work! Mr. Goodell has changed that.
    We ran 15 times.
    What "70's football"?
    Last season was one of the lowest rushing teams in recent Steeler HISTORY.

The problem "short passing" perhaps?
    How the heck is THAT 70 Steelers football? Was Bradshaw "dink and dunk?"

Please don't let Crash's rhetoric get to you.

So Tomlin didn't have any say in the OC selection? I was all Art II?

I suppose he didn't have any say in the hiring of the ST or OL coaches?

He doesn't have any say in personnel decisions and/or draft picks either according to some.

Hell, if that's the case, my 4 y/o nephew could coach the Steelers because as the HC, you don't have any responsibility. It's everyone else's fault except the head coach. What a great job to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    We ran 15 times.
    What "70's football"?
    Last season was one of the lowest rushing teams in recent Steeler HISTORY.

The problem "short passing" perhaps?
    How the heck is THAT 70 Steelers football? Was Bradshaw "dink and dunk?"

Please don't let Crash's rhetoric get to you.
    OK halftime adjustment after a lackluster performance is run the ball I think 6 straight times to Howlings, yea that seems like 70's ball to me or better yet throw short passes when no one expect you to throw another long pass. The first qr. play calling was brilliant and then they decided to turtle ball it the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    So Tomlin didn't have any say in the OC selection? I was all Art II?

I suppose he didn't have any say in the hiring of the ST or OL coaches?

He doesn't have any say in personnel decisions and/or draft picks either according to some.

Hell, if that's the case, my 4 y/o nephew could coach the Steelers because as the HC, you don't have any responsibility. It's everyone else's fault except the head coach. What a great job to have.
    I'm going by reporters that is close to the team, who said that it was a Rooney hire.

I'm going by reporters that is close to the team, who said that it was a Rooney hire.
    Oh... The Pittsburgh sports reporters.... the same ones that wrongfully report FA signings and talk about Le'veon Bell being our "savior" when he hasn't rushed the ball more than 4 times in a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I just said we did not play 70's football. I do not see the relevance of ANYTHING you just said to my point.
    My post was in response to Steelhere10's first post... not yours.

Oh... The Pittsburgh sports reporters.... the same ones that wrongfully report FA signings and talk about Le'veon Bell being our "savior" when he hasn't rushed the ball more than 4 times in a game?
    yep dem's da ones

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

OK halftime adjustment after a lackluster performance is run the ball I think 6 straight times to Howlings, yea that seems like 70's ball to me or better yet throw short passes when no one expect you to throw another long pass. The first qr. play calling was brilliant and then they decided to turtle ball it the rest of the way.
    First drive of the second half:

1st down Ben Roethlisberger pass to the left to LaRod Stephens-Howling for 4 yards to the Pit24. Tackled by Bernard Pollard.
    2nd down LaRod Stephens-Howling rush to the left for 4 yards to the Pit28. Tackled by Derrick Morgan.
    3rd down Ben Roethlisberger incomplete pass to the left intended for LaRod Stephens-Howling.
    4th down Zoltan Mesko punts for 41 yards to Ten31. No return.

Not 70's Steeler football. Not close. You did recall the "player" right though.
    Second drive we kept going to LSH with 2 runs
    Third drive 3 straight passes- first to LSH
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-09-2013 at 10:38 PM.

My post was in response to Steelhere10's first post... not yours.
    Yeah I caught it after I posted.