Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign Former Titans C/G Fernando Velasco

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers sign Former Titans C/G Fernando Velasco

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette:

Rt “@caplannfl: Former Titans C/G Fernando Velasco agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the Steelers." ... Started 16 G in '12

[URL]https://twitter.com/EdBouchette[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Did a quick web search and almost everyone who follows the Titans was shocked he got cut and thought they gave up a versatile back up for multiple positions. Under the circumstances, about as good as they could find. Got to be better than Whimper.

Legend

User Info Menu

I know nothing about this guy personally. I do know that the Titans had a brutal line last year (leading to Levitre signing and drafting Warmack).

At this point in the year, I'm not sure you can find much better out there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Whats up with Pounceys knee?

Backup

User Info Menu

Fernando Velasco | Center

Team: [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/pit/pittsburgh-steelers"]Pittsburgh Steelers[/URL]
    Age / DOB: (28) / 2/22/1985
    Ht / Wt: 6'4' / 312
    College: Georgia
    Contract: view contract details
    Share:

[URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/pit/pittsburgh-steelers"][/URL]
    Latest News

Recent News

Steelers agreed to terms with C Fernando Velasco, formerly of the Titans, on a one-year contract.
    Coming off a 16-start 2012 where he graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 11 center, Velasco was easily the best center on the open market, and could immediately slide into Maurkice Pouncey's (ACL) vacated starting role. Kelvin Beachum got thrown around by the Titans following Pouncey's departure on Sunday. It's still a terrible situation for the Steelers, who just can't keep their offensive line healthy
    Last edited by TD386Steel; 09-09-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Do we have to give up a second rounder?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Don't think so, since the Titans cut him before the start of the regular season.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    No he was a suprise last minute cut. I dont think he was cut because of his ability but the 2+ million he was due. To much money for a backup kind of cut is my guess

Legend

User Info Menu

Good news for us then. Sounds like this guy might be good enough. Thats all we can hope for.

Legend

User Info Menu

bet he outperforms pouncey's last 2 years