Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If you were the coaches right now?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Again, this. [URL]http://m.nbcsports.com/content/kacsmar-dont-believe-hype-steelers-d[/URL]

Not saying it's the only problem but this D is NOT 2008. And even that year it had trouble keeping leads.

Lemming keeps talking about #1 passing defenses. I don't give a rats ass if they cannot hold a lead in the 4th Q or create ANY turnovers.

This current Steelers team has issues all around. Plenty of blame to go around. As good as the defenses have been statisically (can't complain about that) that just doesn't win games. And I am tired of making sure I have a full pitcher of beer in the 4th Q when we miraculously have lead and we lose it.

Last I checked, it's the offense that's supposed to score points when they get the ball. Don't care about yardage defense, but the fact is since 2007 the Steelers defense has been ranked 6th or better in scoring defense except once. I wouldn't say the offense has done it's part in the same timeframe.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Last I checked, it's the offense that's supposed to score points when they get the ball. Don't care about yardage defense, but the fact is since 2007 the Steelers defense has been ranked 6th or better in scoring defense except once. I wouldn't say the offense has done it's part in the same timeframe.
    I don't think anyone disagrees that the O has certainly underperformed since 2007 and before. Ben and Co have not had the talent and big offensive power that other teams had/have.

Now that the defense no longer forces turnovers, it's making it even more difficult for the O to have to start virtually EVERY drive inside their own 10.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    What do you expect when the team spends most of its money on defense?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    As good as the defenses have been statisically (can't complain about that) that just doesn't win games. And I am tired of making sure I have a full pitcher of beer in the 4th Q when we miraculously have lead and we lose it.
    Oh you mean like THE LAST TIME we lost a game in the fourth

Cincy beats us 13-10

Steelers created 3 turnovers- Results Zero Steeler points off turnovers. We give up 13 points (ALL RESULTING FROM Steeler turnovers).

Here is how we lost the game in the fourth:

Ben Roethlisberger pass incomplete short middle intended for David Paulson (defended by Carlos Dunlap)
    Ben Roethlisberger pass incomplete deep right intended for Mike Wallace is intercepted by Reggie Nelson at CIN-44 and returned for 10 yards Andy Dalton pass complete deep right to A.J. Green for 21 yards (tackle by Keenan Lewis)
    Josh Brown 43 yard field goal good

So yes, Lebeaus defense turns the ball over THREE TIMES, offense does ZIP with em, holds a team to 10 and BLEW A GAME IN THE FOURTH by allowing A SINGLE completion (after OUR inteception).

Lebeau is a bum- fire him!!!

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

1) Get Wheaton involved in the passing game
    2) Dont panic, it was just one game
    3) Pray Bell and Miller get healthy quick

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    1) Get Wheaton involved in the passing game
    2) Dont panic, it was just one game
    3) Pray Bell and Miller get healthy quick
    You forgot option #4, If #1, #2 and #3 don't work, then panic.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount