Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you were the coaches right now?

Banned

User Info Menu

Tomlin is helpless. Rooney wants Haley there and LeBeau is Joe Paterno, a past his prime legend who uses his status to milk more years.

Starter

User Info Menu

Since age is just a number I would go back to that winning formula of bringing back as many of Cowher's players as possible. Sign Hines, Big Snack, Jeff Hartings for Pouncey, Willie Parker for Stephens-Howling, Farrior for Foote, Antuan Randle-El etc, etc. Could work.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PolishCrash View Post
    ....LeBeau is a legend who uses his stats to milk more years.
    Fixed that for ya.
    Gave up 16 points, 2.7 yards a rush, 117 yards passing.
    Defense is not the problem.

I have supported Haley but this stinker falls on that side of the staff.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

Give the guys who have earned it (Cotchery) more playing time and give less PT to the guys who did not (Redman)...

Until you have Bell and Heath Miller healthy, go with the passing game...3 WRs...then, if you are concerned about throwing the ball in cold weather conditions, re-commit to the run in November and December when those guys are healthy, along with Spaeth...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Fixed that for ya.
    Gave up 16 points, 2.7 yards a rush, 117 yards passing.
    Defense is not the problem.

I have supported Haley but this stinker falls on that side of the staff.
    Definitely. The defense did better than expected given the circumstances.

Banned

User Info Menu

They didn't make a play all day. If Locker could throw they would have scored 35 easy, he had WRs open all day. The Bengals won't miss those chances.

3rd and 15 and William Gay was giving an 18 yard cushion and Locker missed his man.

Read the stats, I'll watch the game.

Banned

User Info Menu

What's Bell going to do? Run every time up the middle with 2-3 TEs on the field until he gets KO'd like everyone else?

Oh wait, that's already happened hasn't it?

Watch the 11 yard pass Ben completed to David Johnson of all people. That type of stuff, that REALLY protects Ben, that REALLY helps the OLshould be a staple in their offense with a varity of targets.

But it's not because Haley's either a hen-pecked puppet, or too dumb to figure it out.

Haley appeals to the simple minded, the types who re-watch 1970's Super Bowls every week on VHS and has IC Beer 1970's cans sewn into their homemade wool caps.

Unfortunately for all of us, one of those simpletons is the owner of this team.

Tomlin will go, Ben will follow, Haley is the next head coach.

Then we'll see how much fun THAT will be.

Legend

User Info Menu

i would spend the week 'owning' that performance and then make up some more fancy cliches to impress the lemmings after next weeks debacle

Rookie

User Info Menu

1-use bens strenghts,shotgun ans pass to run,not the other way around....
    2-get tomlin out of dicks playbook,tomlin pussified this d with cover 2 crap,,,
    3-hope the rooneys have seen there mistake with haley and fix it with ben so he stays,,,we dont win **** without 7...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is an offense centric NFL. And our offense did not perform well. We beat ourselves yesterday for sure. Maybe the offense can critique themselves in an open minded way that will result in better play calling and execution