Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RB Dwyer on way to the 'Burgh now

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PolishCrash View Post
    The coaches didn't cut Dwyer. The front office did.

He's a bigger man than me. I would have told Art II to get bent.
    money.. I 'm sure he needs the money and will use this to get a gig in AZ next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Rosters are pretty much set and most teams will call a guy who is familiar with the playbook...

we are probably the only team picking up guys like Felix Jones late and we only did it to spite Dwyer and ourselves.
    I liked the Jones acquisition, but it should have been at Redmond's expense, not Dwyer's.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

What is he going to do instead? Stay home and collect unemployment? It's not like teams are beating down his door for his services.

Banned

User Info Menu

money.. I 'm sure he needs the money and will use this to get a gig in AZ next year.
    The Giants were preparing an offer for him also. He would have gone somewhere.

It doesn't matter who the RB is when every run is up the middle with 2-3 TE sets.

How many RBs has the congestion formation KO'd since Chubbs took over?

Starter

User Info Menu

I agree with this. Im sure at this point he would rather play anywhere but here. I am no Dwyer fan but the Steelers are lucky hes still out there.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I liked the Jones acquisition, but it should have been at Redmond's expense, not Dwyer's.

Pappy
    I agree with this too. I was shocked Redman made this team especially after get hurt AGAIN in preseason.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

why would that motivate him? He was first to sign.... was cut for Felix Jones who saw no touches and doesn't know the playbook. Redman didn't play a meaningful snap in preseason and Howling was also dinged up in preseason.

Why would this be his wake up call? It's OUR wake up call. Stop playing favorites and putting guys in the doghouse while giving everyone else the benefit of the doubt.

If we didn't want him why did we give him the bulk of the carries in preseason? This FO is freaking stupid.
    He could think about carrying shingles up a ladder for a $700 paycheck a week or playing a game he loves & getting paid. He was cut & stayed on the street. Now he comes back because of injury with the so called "starter" on the mend. Dwyer has his heels on a ledge with his only chance of survival stepping forward. He was cut because of his contract and preseason fumbles. He now is as disposable as a game towel. Jones carried the ball after he was signed in the preseason and looked good. He is a different back than Dwyer and with Howling on IR, Jones will remain when Bell is healthy. Jones will give you what Howling was supposed to give. Dwyer has to give the Steelers a reason to keep him after Bell gets healthy. He also has to give other teams a reason to sign him if he hits the streets again. I would say "wake up call" is a good description of his situation.

Banned

User Info Menu

He was cut for one week because had he signed his salary is guaranteed.

He was going somewhere. The Giants, Pats, and Packers were all kicking the tires on him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't believe Dwyer had enough accrued season to have a contract guaranteed if he was on a week 1 roster. He also doesn't give a team a vet min discount if signed. If any team wanted him or needed him before week 1, there was no benefit on waiting until after the 1st game. Dwyer was on the street because of his resume or lack there of.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 09-09-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Perhaps. Regardless, the point is the team was stupid to dump him.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher