Thread: RB Dwyer on way to the 'Burgh now

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

RB Dwyer on way to the 'Burgh now

per Ed B.

Kindle

Legend

User Info Menu

Sweet. He's the only violent runner we had on the roster. Didn't run like it in the preseason, but I expect him to run like he did last season. Forecast for Cincy - pain!!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Maybe this will be a wake up call for him. They cut him and if he does not do it the right way they will cut him again. He should not need this but maybe he did. Redman looked slow and horriable yesterday.

Legend

User Info Menu

He is probably a better runner than Redman. Don't know about Bell. Does know the offense better than Jones. I have no reason to believe that Dwyer will be anything more than he was last year - a guy who flashes at times but ultimately disappoints, but hopefully being released (and likely resigned to a minimum deal) motivates him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    He is probably a better runner than Redman. Don't know about Bell. Does know the offense better than Jones. I have no reason to believe that Dwyer will be anything more than he was last year - a guy who flashes at times but ultimately disappoints, but hopefully being released (and likely resigned to a minimum deal) motivates him.
    I bet going from a CEO salalry to a minimum wage burger flipper salary is just what most people need to be motivated

I think he'll actually be good if he runs like he did last year. The only difference is he appears to be in shape this go round. Unless he added 30 lbs in the last week which I believe is possible given his track record.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Maybe this will be a wake up call for him. They cut him and if he does not do it the right way they will cut him again. He should not need this but maybe he did. Redman looked slow and horriable yesterday.
    wake up call? If I'm Dwyer I walk in the place like I own it. Stupid azzz coaches... this is a wake up call for OUR dumb azzz coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    at least he flashes...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I bet going from a CEO salalry to a minimum wage burger flipper salary is just what most people need to be motivated

I think he'll actually be good if he runs like he did last year. The only difference is he appears to be in shape this go round. Unless he added 30 lbs in the last week which I believe is possible given his track record.
    If I was Dwyer, I'd want to prove the Steelers wrong and get paid elsewhere next year. If it is spite that motivates him, fine with me, as long as he performs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good. They will need him and if being cut didn't motivate him...Nothing will.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    wake up call? If I'm Dwyer I walk in the place like I own it. Stupid azzz coaches... this is a wake up call for OUR dumb azzz coaches.
    He's only coming back because LaSH was hurt. It's not like any other teams saw him out there and said, "We've got to have that guy!"