Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: RB Dwyer on way to the 'Burgh now

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    If he comes back and fumbles so freaking what... everyone puts it on the ground.

I'm not even a Dwyer fan but the critique of some of our players is down right embarrassing... no wonder we keep banning Crash. It almost feels like Steeler fans have adopted the foolishness of the FO.
    They cheer-lead. They don't pay attention. They don't want opinions, they want sheep.

Dwyer will fumble, simply because he be asked to run up the middle all day with 16 guys at the LOS and the congestion will get him.

IT'S NOT HARD TO STOP WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT'S COMING.

David freaking Johnson and his tip toe blocking caused the 2nd Redman fumble. Why this organization continues to play this buffoon I'll never know.

He's the most worthless player getting meaningful snaps, that I have EVER seen, in my 36 years of watching this team.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseCrash View Post
    They cheer-lead. They don't pay attention. They don't want opinions, they want sheep.

Dwyer will fumble, simply because he be asked to run up the middle all day with 16 guys at the LOS and the congestion will get him.

IT'S NOT HARD TO STOP WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT'S COMING.

David freaking Johnson and his tip toe blocking caused the 2nd Redman fumble. Why this organization continues to play this buffoon I'll never know.

He's the most worthless player getting meaningful snaps, that I have EVER seen, in my 36 years of watching this team.
    Omg..... This is the 2nd post in a row that I actually agree with Crash. That must be some type of a record.

I don't understand the love fest with DJ. Never have and never will. I will never understand the Tomlin hate for Starks. Never have and never will. There is more to the Starks story that meets the eye. The fact that Tomlin is choosing Guy Whimper over Max Starks is humorous. If I was Ben, I'd be absolutely PISSED about that.

Banned
    Starks fell out of favor when he showed up out of shape the SECOND TIME while Tomlin was here. Starks earned a ton of props from Tomlin for his conditioning last season.

I just think now they want to move on. They drafted these tackles early, and they want to play them. Starks got cut in San Diego and he had the advantage of already knowing the system. To me that says a lot as to where the Chargers feel he is physically.

Starks also said he wouldn't stay to sit on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    He's only coming back because LaSH was hurt. It's not like any other teams saw him out there and said, "We've got to have that guy!"
    Yea, this is pretty much spot on.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Dude was spinning like he was in the Jackson 5.
    Never mind Redman.

I think the team is sounding like the Jackson Five.

"Oh Dwyer I was blind to let you go...."

"I want you back"

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-09-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Dwyer will fumble, simply because he be asked to run up the middle all day with 16 guys at the LOS
    I would hope that the referees catch that...

Banned
    Why? 8 for them. 8 for us. 5 linemen, 3 TEs, 1 WR, 1 RB, and Ben.

Why? 8 for them. 8 for us. 5 linemen, 3 TEs, 1 WR, 1 RB, and Ben.
    true, especially when you consider that our 5 OL play for the other team...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    true, especially when you consider that our 5 OL play for the other team...
    Blount, Hines and Harrison all forced the league to consider rule changes right?

Goodell needs to :"crack down" on our Oline, with new rules to support "teammate" safety.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Do you see the reports all over the league of players being worked out? The example you used about the Pats...The Pats worked out 11 players that day. The following day they worked out 4 more including Reggie Dunn & Hawthorne. Workouts at this point of the season is the Tomlin famous words "Due Diligence." It is part of the business. Steelers have worked out dozens through the process. They do it for EXACTLY what just happened to the Steelers. Now that the clock is running they have the information to fill holes.

I said Dwyer is as disposable as a game towel given what transpired and being brought back. "Some of you are acting like" Dwyer was a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick. How does that say alot about our FO or team in general? I'm a Dwyer fan. He was given EVERY opportunity to prove himself. Now he will be given another opportunity because of someone's misfortune. When can you safely say that motivation is the concern? Dwyer can look in the mirror from this day forward "IF" he needs to blame someone. Anyone & Everyone on his list will be there.

Just on a side note. The Steelers worked out Caldwell & Gooden in the offseason and both are on the street. Both now at a position of need because of injuries. If they think they are better options than what is on the roster or what else is out there...They may call them.

I was a Redman fan and this FO treats him like he is a first rounder. I know Dwyer is a 6th rounder and came in over weight a few times but given our RB situation it was a bad move. We saved a little money and lost a winnable game running Redman who also puts it on the ground but since he "values" his job its all good.

Redman was hurt this preseason.. Howling as well... and Bell. It was bad management by the FO and lately it looks like we are a farm team developing players just so we can release them. It looks personal too...