Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: RB Dwyer on way to the 'Burgh now

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Perhaps. Regardless, the point is the team was stupid to dump him.
    The TEAM didn't dump him. The coaches, the players, THEY are the team.

The lawyer dumped him, the fellow North Catholic crony dumped him.

Face this hard truth: The Rooney's are one coin toss, and one failed Al Davis draft pick from being the Bidwell Family.

A life time of ownership, and NOTHING to show for it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PolishCrash View Post
    The TEAM didn't dump him. The coaches, the players, THEY are the team.

The lawyer dumped him, the fellow North Catholic crony dumped him.
    Kindly provide your sources. From what I've seen, there has been a mix of reports, with many reports saying that Dwyer was dumped because the coaches didn't trust him.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Except, of course, for all those Lombardis and the near $1 billion return on a $5,000 investment...

If Dwyer is mad at somebody, he should be mad at himself...if he comes back and fumbles, I may cry...

He can choose to be mad at the FO, but I strongly doubt that he will hold that animosity against his teammates...at least, I hope not...

The dude has nine lives, though...

I don't think the Steelers were stupid for cutting him...but, if he were not on his way to the 'Burgh right now, I'd think the FO would be stupid for not calling him...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Maybe our yards per carry will improve from 0.8 to a full yard!!!
    Don't count on it. Adrian Peterson would of had 20 yards rushing yesterday. Our line blows.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    He could think about carrying shingles up a ladder for a $700 paycheck a week or playing a game he loves & getting paid. He was cut & stayed on the street. Now he comes back because of injury with the so called "starter" on the mend. Dwyer has his heels on a ledge with his only chance of survival stepping forward. He was cut because of his contract and preseason fumbles. He now is as disposable as a game towel. Jones carried the ball after he was signed in the preseason and looked good. He is a different back than Dwyer and with Howling on IR, Jones will remain when Bell is healthy. Jones will give you what Howling was supposed to give. Dwyer has to give the Steelers a reason to keep him after Bell gets healthy. He also has to give other teams a reason to sign him if he hits the streets again. I would say "wake up call" is a good description of his situation.
    some of you are acting like he spent a year out of football... it was one week and I bet you other teams would've called once they had a chance to look at a few RB's in the first game. Giants starting RB was benched and now they are thinking about bringing Jacobs back. Pats also have problems with their RB...

If Dwyer is disposable as a game towel it really says a lot about our FO and team in general.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Don't count on it. Adrian Peterson would of had 20 yards rushing yesterday. Our line blows.
    wrong... I saw holes that Redman was too slow to hit or he refused to run through them.

Dude was spinning like he was in the Jackson 5.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Except, of course, for all those Lombardis and the near $1 billion return on a $5,000 investment...

If Dwyer is mad at somebody, he should be mad at himself...if he comes back and fumbles, I may cry...

He can choose to be mad at the FO, but I strongly doubt that he will hold that animosity against his teammates...at least, I hope not...

I don't think the Steelers were stupid for cutting him...but, if he were not on his way to the 'Burgh right now, I'd think the FO would be stupid for not calling him...
    Once upon a time the Steelers had a player that got dropped by the team three times and ended up making the team after an injury to the starter. He also went on to become the DPOY and had what might be the biggest play in SB history. I'm not saying that Dwyer can be like James Harrison, but castoff players have come back to teams to do special things before.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

If he comes back and fumbles so freaking what... everyone puts it on the ground.

I'm not even a Dwyer fan but the critique of some of our players is down right embarrassing... no wonder we keep banning Crash. It almost feels like Steeler fans have adopted the foolishness of the FO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Once upon a time the Steelers had a player that got dropped by the team three times and ended up making the team after an injury to the starter. He also went on to become the DPOY and had what might be the biggest play in SB history. I'm not saying that Dwyer can be like James Harrison, but castoff players have come back to teams to do special things before.
    probably wasted a few years of Harrison's career

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    some of you are acting like he spent a year out of football... it was one week and I bet you other teams would've called once they had a chance to look at a few RB's in the first game. Giants starting RB was benched and now they are thinking about bringing Jacobs back. Pats also have problems with their RB...

If Dwyer is disposable as a game towel it really says a lot about our FO and team in general.
    Do you see the reports all over the league of players being worked out? The example you used about the Pats...The Pats worked out 11 players that day. The following day they worked out 4 more including Reggie Dunn & Hawthorne. Workouts at this point of the season is the Tomlin famous words "Due Diligence." It is part of the business. Steelers have worked out dozens through the process. They do it for EXACTLY what just happened to the Steelers. Now that the clock is running they have the information to fill holes.

I said Dwyer is as disposable as a game towel given what transpired and being brought back. "Some of you are acting like" Dwyer was a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick. How does that say alot about our FO or team in general? I'm a Dwyer fan. He was given EVERY opportunity to prove himself. Now he will be given another opportunity because of someone's misfortune. When can you safely say that motivation is the concern? Dwyer can look in the mirror from this day forward "IF" he needs to blame someone. Anyone & Everyone on his list will be there.

Just on a side note. The Steelers worked out Caldwell & Gooden in the offseason and both are on the street. Both now at a position of need because of injuries. If they think they are better options than what is on the roster or what else is out there...They may call them.