Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #3 Defense in NFL

Quote Originally Posted by PolishCrash View Post
    Those are rookie contracts, right?

The BIG money, the SECOND contract money, has gone to the defense.

The biggest disparity between offensive and defensive money last year? The Steelers.
    Problem is, we have drafted poorly on offense under this staff. Mendenhall was not what we thought, Sweed was a bust, Wallace (likely someone you wanted to keep) is simply not worth the money he could get elsewhere. Brown got his second deal.

And it is not over. Our two OTs are looking like they might have been questionable picks too. If so they will not get second deals. Pouncey is WAY OVERRATED plus he is from Florida. I bet he walks if given any kind of interest from the fins (reunite with his brother) or even the jags. Doubt we CAN keep him (like we lost Lewis to his hometown).

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Problem is, we have drafted poorly on offense under this staff. Mendenhall was not what we thought, Sweed was a bust, Wallace (likely someone you wanted to keep) is simply not worth the money he could get elsewhere. Brown got his second deal.

And it is not over. Our two OTs are looking like they might have been questionable picks too. If so they will not get second deals. Pouncey is WAY OVERRATED plus he is from Florida. I bet he walks if given any kind of interest from the fins (reunite with his brother) or even the jags. Doubt we CAN keep him (like we lost Lewis to his hometown).

I 100% agree, and also raise you that defensively the draft is like swiss cheese as well. Heyward, Hood, Wordlis , Carter, Sylvester, Brown, Tamau- throw in the fact that Woodley is always hot tubbin and you see why the Steelers are in transition. They no longer have a talent advantage