Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Relax

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Can you play C?
    POW (Post of the week).

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docsteelholiday View Post
    Like i said, you are Totally Delusional with you're comments. Judging by your posts, i'm quite sure i know more about the game than you----
    Been Involved in it ALL my life----My dad coached Offensive line for the Black N Gold for 7 yrs in late 60's early 70's including our first sb. I played my college ball at NC State. Bottom line, you havent a clue rook----I'm saying 6 to 7 wins tops this year if that. --Think not, care to wager? Take you're head out of the sand-
    60's and 70's? Well sh!t... get in the game already...

LOL.. seriously, the worst thing you can do is what you just did.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree that this board is often as emotional and unrealistic as my eleven year old daughter. However, there was so much wrong with this game. It was one of the worst offensive efforts I have ever seen from a Steeler team, and I watched every game from Cliff Stout, Kent Graham and Bubby Brister. Mike Adams and Marcus Gilbert are not going to learn how to be even mildly competent NFL pass protectors overnight. Ben will be injured soon. This time of year, it is as inevitable as the leaves falling from the trees.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Can you play C?
    That's hilarious, Flippy. And, so incredibly sad that we are back to the "can he play center?" running joke

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    He said as if anyone cared
    did'nt ask if you cared, just stating a fact---btw--how are things at eat n park? a dish wash mentality to be sure.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    60's and 70's? Well sh!t... get in the game already...

LOL.. seriously, the worst thing you can do is what you just did.
    and the worst thing you can do is to say its the worst thing i can do....My point will be proven come end of season. Im willing to back my comments up---you?

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm saying 6 to 7 wins tops this year if that.
    unfortunately, the way things are looking right now I have to agree with you...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

did'nt ask if you cared, just stating a fact---btw--how are things at eat n park? a dish wash mentality to be sure.
    Why the need to state the "fact?" Is somebody so desperate to have this board believe in them? Stating your opinion is fine, but the whole "I know better than you because my daddy..." sounds really third grade.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Only one game yet. Much to improve upon which means there is a lot to look forward to. I want our best football in December/January/February.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hey... I'm not gonna get down on my team. Will root for them if they loose every game.
    The vast majority on here have lived Steeler football for decades. You just get that "Gut Feeling" when things are gonna go bad...over the course of a game...and throughout the year.

The fundamental issues are, as they have been for the last several years: It all comes down to offensive line play and injuries. If somehow Gilbert and Adams can become even average NFL tackles... and the line can stay somewhat healthy from here on out... we've got a chance to make the playoffs. I think Adams can eventually be an NFL caliber of Tackle...but Gilbert (in my mind) has proven otherwise. He was better as a rookie...

We've also seen this team get hit by the injury bug really bad (even in comparison to other teams).

The team has to "Execute"... without athletes who can execute and make plays...you can hope and root for the team all you want, but it doesn't change reality.