Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: You clowns seen enough yet?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseCrash View Post
    Chinese Crash agrees with this post above.

Arians did the cardinal sin and dismissed the value of a Jon Witman, Tim Lester, Dan Kreider type in his offense.

And the simpletons never forgave him for it, results be damned.
    My gripe is that Arians used guys out of position. DJ as a FB? Really? He's barely a servicable TE! Why not use Redman as a FB at least he gives the illusion of a threat.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I watched Ben look like crap. The offense look incompetent as well as the HC. The defense played ok... but not great by any means. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give the defense a 6. On the same scale, I give the entire offense and the coaching staff a -10000000000000000000.
    With the lack of talent on offense, what do you expect Ben to look like? He's pretty much on his own out there.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    With the lack of talent on offense, what do you expect Ben to look like? He's pretty much on his own out there.
    He missed guys that were wide open and took a sack like he's done throughout his career. Ben's end of the game execution was beyond pathetic...... does he not know what the score is? Does he not know what the timeout situation is? How many times did he throw the ball short of the endzone? It's was simply idiotic. And don't blame the OC for that.... Blame the HC for calling the timeout with 2:02 on the clock but also blame Ben for horrible execution and even worse decision making. That is UNACCEPTABLE for Ben to make those throws short of the endzone with his experience.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

He missed guys that were wide open and took a sack like he's done throughout his career. Ben's end of the game execution was beyond pathetic...... does he not know what the score is? Does he not know what the timeout situation is? How many times did he throw the ball short of the endzone? It's was simply idiotic. And don't blame the OC for that.... Blame the HC for calling the timeout with 2:02 on the clock but also blame Ben for horrible execution and even worse decision making. That is UNACCEPTABLE for Ben to make those throws short of the endzone with his experience.
    Sorry steelz, but your anger is misplaced. Ben's end of game execution was way better than anything the offense was doing before that.

You say don't blame Haley for throwing short of the endzone? Hmm. Who was that QB that kept throwing the ball into the endzone towards the end of Super Bowl 43? Sorry, but ever since Haley got here this offense has played scared. I'm more apt to blame Haley for that than Ben simply because such plays have become a trademark of the Haley offense in Pittsburgh.

You're starting to sound like one of those fans that just wants to blame everything on the QB.

Banned

User Info Menu

Ben didn't call a WR screen on 3rd and 11 neat midfield after a 2nd and 15 run play. Haley did.

Ben didn't call for LSH to get the ball 7 straight times. Haley did.

Ben didn't have the wrong personnel on the field prior to Redman's fumble. Haley did.

You've had a bug up your ass about Ben for YEARS. It's "fans" like you who deserve another 20 years of losing when he's done.

How many times did he throw the ball short of the endzone? It's was simply idiotic. And don't blame the OC for that
    He's doing what he's told. If the first read isn't open, dump it to the back and get rid of it. Stay safe in this "safer offense" that somehow caused the most damaging injury to his career and has offensive linemen and running backs dropping like dead flies.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    My gripe is that Arians used guys out of position. DJ as a FB? Really? He's barely a servicable TE! Why not use Redman as a FB at least he gives the illusion of a threat.
    yep... another petty gripe. He may have kept DJ on the field but he also put Nate, Brown, Sanders and Wallace in the best position to succeed EARLY in their careers. They loved BA and we ran him out of town for what? To win a petty war vs the OC.

Banned

User Info Menu

No, to win a petty war with a HOF QB who was becoming BIGGER than the Rooney name.

Legend

User Info Menu

that's our new philosophy on offense. Where was Wheaton?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussianCrash View Post
    It's "fans" like you who deserve another 20 years of losing when he's done.
    That's a little much dontcha think? If he gets 20 more years of losing, so do you and I. And I'm not cool with that

Legend

User Info Menu

Some teams have guys who can run it in from a few yards out when the throw is short of the end zone. Actually most teams.
    imagine that