Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 109

Thread: You clowns seen enough yet?

  1. #91
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanCrash View Post
    Um, Arians hasn't been here since 2011.

    David Johnson is still on the field (and causing more fumbles).

    Now what?
    and when Arians left, DJ went back to TE. Will Johnson came in as FB.
    Whether WJ is an upgrade over DJ is yet to be determined, but at least DJ is playing a position he knows. He shouldn't be on the field, but when your #1 and #2 TE's are out, your choices become limited.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  2. #92
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    If that's your main reason for hating BA it's petty...
    Petty that I don't like him because he doesn't put the best 11 on the field? that's not petty, that's logical.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  3. #93
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,958
    Where's NorwegianCrash? We Norwegians stick together.

    I heard only crickets when he mentioned the article on LeBeau here: http://m.nbcsports.com/content/kacsm...ype-steelers-d

    I don't always agree with Crash and he's a bit overly persistent but I have posited that we have had the worst 4th Q D since the end of 2008 regular season. This article helps the point. The 12-15 cushions are gonna have to go. Something HAS to change. When this O scores any points at all I have my doubts we can get a stop after (for the past 2-3 seasons+).

    Otherwise we will continue to NOT get any turnovers. Now, is LeBeau a bad defensive coordinator? Not in the least. Stubborn, yes.

    Have you read the article Captain Lemming? We were having this cushion debate last week. I

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    www.1Steelers.com
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    and when Arians left, DJ went back to TE. Will Johnson came in as FB.
    Whether WJ is an upgrade over DJ is yet to be determined, but at least DJ is playing a position he knows. He shouldn't be on the field, but when your #1 and #2 TE's are out, your choices become limited.
    Actually no, Haley said that DJ would be a FB/TE type as he was before. But he got hurt and he didn't play last season.

    Um, the choices shouldn't be limited.

    The WRs aren't injured.

    3 wide base, spread teams out, loosen the 8 men in the box.

    Keeps the athletes on the field, and helps the OL deal with less people.

    But Simple Simon doesn't want that. He'd rather be the ass-kisser so he can take over when Tomlin's fired.

    Disgusting.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    www.1Steelers.com
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Petty that I don't like him because he doesn't put the best 11 on the field? that's not petty, that's logical.
    And Haley does?

    Needing two wins to make the playoffs last year Plax was in street clothes so Leonard Pope could play on the field goal team.

  6. #96
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanCrash View Post
    Actually no, Haley said that DJ would be a FB/TE type as he was before. But he got hurt and he didn't play last season.

    Um, the choices shouldn't be limited.

    The WRs aren't injured.

    3 wide base, spread teams out, loosen the 8 men in the box.

    Keeps the athletes on the field, and helps the OL deal with less people.

    But Simple Simon doesn't want that. He'd rather be the ass-kisser so he can take over when Tomlin's fired.

    Disgusting.
    choices limited as in who to play at TE. DJ is in by default since Miller and Spaeth are both out.
    I agree with the 3 wide base. You're bashing your head against the wall for no reason there.
    where you and I disagree is in what those 3 wide do. I think, as long as the defenses keep blitzing Ben, that a dink and dunk is the best style for now. Get teams to respect that we get rid of the ball too fast to blitz and make those defenders back off. Whereas you want the home run every play.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    www.1Steelers.com
    Posts
    30
    Of course you heard crickets. They don't deal in facts, just stat sheets and fantasy rankings.

  8. #98
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,697
    And I'll go on record. If i had a child age 5-12, i would not want his teammate to be David Johnson. I wouldn't start him at any level let alone the NFL (I'm exagerating a little bit but you get the point.)
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  9. #99
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanCrash View Post
    And Haley does?

    Needing two wins to make the playoffs last year Plax was in street clothes so Leonard Pope could play on the field goal team.
    Plaxico Burress is far from being the answer both last year and this year. plus didn't he hurt his ankle early in December?
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Where's NorwegianCrash? We Norwegians stick together.

    I heard only crickets when he mentioned the article on LeBeau here: http://m.nbcsports.com/content/kacsm...ype-steelers-d

    I don't always agree with Crash and he's a bit overly persistent but I have posited that we have had the worst 4th Q D since the end of 2008 regular season. This article helps the point. The 12-15 cushions are gonna have to go. Something HAS to change. When this O scores any points at all I have my doubts we can get a stop after (for the past 2-3 seasons+).

    Otherwise we will continue to NOT get any turnovers. Now, is LeBeau a bad defensive coordinator? Not in the least. Stubborn, yes.

    Have you read the article Captain Lemming? We were having this cushion debate last week. I
    Cap here.
    Yeah I read it and he is just "a dude" with an opinion. A WRONG opinion.

    Dude "cherry picks" his fact so much that it is ridiculous. for example:

    Defense does not excel when it matters most!!! Really? And THEN he uses Bengal stats to make a case?

    Here is were the defense showed up when needed most.

    2005
    No team scored 20 on us the entire playoff
    He wants to bring up the Colts? THE COLTS?
    Peyton was SHELL SHOCKED during the first half. His ALMOST comeback never happens IF TROYS INTERCEPTION is not STOLEN from us.
    Given THAT GIFT from the refs, he needs a gift from Bettis too. A FUMBLE AT OUR GOAL LINE run back to have a chance

    The field goal attempt was 46 yards, by no means a gimme. Bout a 50/50 distance. Had allowed a completion on one of Peytons last two passes it is an EASY field goal.

    Colts who average 27 a game scored 19 and they score LESS if Troys int is held up.

    Superbowl? Really? Our QB has a 22 rating and we win? How does that happen? We hold a Seattle team that averages 28 points to a mere 10 points. He IS NOT IMPRESSED with that? Ben throws TWO PICKS and a team that averages 28 points can only score 10? Their ONLY TOUCHDOWN was after an interception run back to OUR RED ZONE.

    2008/09 playoffs:

    Can you say Ravens? EVERY SINGLE TIME WE BEAT THEM in the playoffs the Defense is prime. Troys pick 6 closes THAT game out.

    Superbowl? He wants to whine about allowing a comeback? Ben having to save us? No "memorable play from a Lebeau defense? Really?
    Lets examine. We all remember the SUPERBOWL RECORD INTERCEPTION RETURN FOR A TOUCHDOWN. But what we forget is the circumstances leading up.

    Our QB throws a pick giving the explosive cardinals the ball on our 33. They were on the verge of scoring a TD due to a mistake on offense. Harrisons pick was a FOURTEEN POINT SWING in that game. That is THE DEFENSE my friend. A HISTORIC play.

    Did the Cards mount a comback? Definitely. That was a GREAT offense. Holding Warner, Fitz, and Boldwin, FOR A HALF was a task. Did they score what they TYPICALLY DO? Nope. They had just scored over 30 EVERY GAME in the playoffs. Now lets turn the tables. Their DEFENSE was downright HORRIBLE. Only a couple teams allowed less points than they did.

    We scored TWENTY offensive points on a defense that gave up more than that ON AVERAGE. Our defense on the other hand NOT ONLY HELD them below their average OUR DEFENSE SPOTTED the offense 7 EXTRA points. This allowed Ben and the offense score a touchdown on this weak defense, something they should have had less trouble doing throughout the game. Were it not for that last TD the offense would have scored 14 for the game on that sad Cardinal defense. So that last TD frankly lead to THE MINIMUM one would expect from the offense.

    Bottom line, given the defense on most SB teams our offense would have NO RINGS. Conversely, you could put those SB winning Lebeau defenses with ANY SB offense and MOST would win more impressively.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •